A Special:SearchTranslations page has been created for the Translate extension to allow searching for translations. However it has not been finished and it lacks important features: in particular, being able to search in source language, but show and edit messages in your translation language. The interface has some bugs with facet selection and direct editing of search results is not working properly. It is not possible to search by message key unless you know the special syntax, nor to reach a message in one click. Interface designs are available for this page.
Example tasks to include in your project:
- T54702: Can't translate on Special:SearchTranslations
- T54703: Meaningless group selector on Special:SearchTranslations
- T55656: Special:SearchTranslations: search in source language, results in my language
- T62570: Allow "go" search feature to reach messages
- T49920: Add styling for previous/next in SearchTranslations
- T64829: Special:SearchTranslations won't edit messages that their next messages are disabled for a translation
- T70518: Special:SearchTranslations: allow messageid with ElasticSearch
- Primary mentor: @Nikerabbit
- Co-mentor: @Nemo_bis
- Other mentors: @Manybubbles (for the Elasticsearch part if needed)
- Skills: Backend coding with PHP, frontend coding with jQuery, Solr/ElasticSearch/Lucene
- Estimated project time for a senior contributor: 2-3 weeks
Suggested micro-task: submit a patch for one of the bugs linked above; then get it merged, or get an i18n bug fixed (see the lists of open tickets for interface messages that need rewording under "Blocked by" and open Language Engineering bugs); then feel free to contact the mentors about this project.