Wikipedia communities in some languages developed automatic or semi-automatic tools to improve the quality of language or typography. Some examples are:
- The Wikificator tool in the Russian Wikipedia (similar tools exist in Ukrainian, Belarusian and possibly other Wikipedias)
- The Checkty gadget in the Hebrew Wikipedia, a semi-automatic script for fixing common grammar mistakes, as well as another list of automatic replacements usually performed by a bot.
- The orthography converter in the Belarusian-Taraškievica Wikipedia.
- Extra edit buttons in the Persian Wikipedia.
- ... and many other tools in other languages.