Page MenuHomePhabricator

GlobalUserPage jobs stuck on wikis where extension is not deployed yet
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

I tried backporting https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/190375 during a SWAT window earlier tonight and it appeared to work fine, except I had forgotten that there needed to be a config patch associated with the patch, so it ended up queuing LocalGlobalUserPageCacheUpdateJob's on every single wiki. When this happens, the job runner goes into a tight loop and spams the exception log that the job class doesn't exist (T87398)

The GlobalUserPage updates have been reverted, and Ori deleted the keys out of redis to get the job runner to drop those jobs. labswiki is still complaining about DBConnectionError's though.

Event Timeline

Legoktm created this task.Feb 13 2015, 2:36 AM
Legoktm raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
Legoktm updated the task description. (Show Details)
Legoktm added a subscriber: Legoktm.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptFeb 13 2015, 2:36 AM
ori added a subscriber: ori.Feb 13 2015, 2:38 AM

I ran:

redis-cli -a $REDIS_PASSWORD hdel jobqueue:aggregator:h-ready-queues:v2 LocalGlobalUserPageCacheUpdateJob/labswiki
Legoktm closed this task as Resolved.Feb 13 2015, 2:42 AM
Legoktm claimed this task.

This is fixed now.

bd808 moved this task from Backlog to Done on the MediaWiki-Core-Team board.Feb 13 2015, 4:07 PM
bd808 moved this task from Done to Archive on the MediaWiki-Core-Team board.Feb 17 2015, 11:44 PM