This task started as a #Wikimania-Hackathon-2015 proposal:
It would be awesome to spend some time at Wikimania collaboratively discussing and defining consequences and escalation paths for breaches of code of conduct/phabricator etiquette - so that we can have clearly documented ways of handling issues fairly and equitably. I'm not sure it will make sense to have the end goal of this to be having this stuff full agreed upon and defined, but it could at least be a great starting point for the conversation.
The result of that session was https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/Wikimania-2015-Code-of-Conduct (archived at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Code_of_Conduct_drafting_process/Wikimania_2015)
The policy has been approved, and is located at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Code_of_Conduct (the subpages marked as policies are also part of the Code of Conduct).
The Code of Conduct Committee is now being formed. This is tracked at T159923: Bootstrap the Code of Conduct Committee.
Measurement of success
- Code of Conduct for Wikimedia technical spaces draft completed and submitted to community discussion.
- Proposal approved with community support.
Wikimedia technical community, #Community-Advocacy, WMF-Legal
DevRel-December-2015 (all the better if we are done before)
Dev Summit info
- Session checklist - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Developer_Summit_2016/Session_checklist
- Etherpad template (replace with actual Etherpad at beginning of session) - https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/WikiDev16-YourSession
- Good meeting practices - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Good_meetings
- Expected outcome at the Summit - People are aware of the CoC progress, what work remains to be done, and that we are asking for their participation. If time permits, perhaps consider lessons for future similar discussions
- Summit plan - Inform people about the Code of Conduct, or progress on its development. Discuss the process of CoC development and how it it worked/could be improved. Discuss next steps (if applicable), e.g. formation of Committee.
- Current status of the discussion - Code of Conduct is actively being developed and consensus is developing on the text
- Background information - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Code_of_conduct_for_technical_spaces/Draft and https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Code_of_conduct_for_technical_spaces/Draft