Page MenuHomePhabricator

License information omitted from PDFs and Books.
Open, Needs TriagePublic

Description

MW1.25alpha
Collection (trunk)

Licensing information is not populated into PDFs from the Download as PDF left nav link, or from Book Creator. I've confirmed that I have correctly set the license variables:

$wgLicenseName = "Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license";
$wgLicenseURL = "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Text_of_Creative_Commons_Attribution-ShareAlike_3.0_Unported_License";

I also set both variables to null as a test to see if the RightsText and RightsUrl variables would default, but they did not.

Event Timeline

Wmat created this task.Mar 2 2015, 4:15 PM
Wmat raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
Wmat updated the task description. (Show Details)
Wmat added a project: Collection.
Wmat added a subscriber: Wmat.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptMar 2 2015, 4:15 PM
Wmat added a comment.Mar 4 2015, 7:17 PM

Retested this today with MW 1.25alpha (579d6e7) and Collection 1.7.0 (97bcf26) 21:07, 2 March 2015 and got the same result. That is, no License information in PDFs rendered using the left nav Download as PDF link, and the text License: unknown in rendered Books.

Jdlrobson added a subscriber: Jdlrobson.

Still an issue?

ovasileva moved this task from Triage to Tracking on the Proton board.Sep 11 2017, 12:13 PM
Jhernandez edited projects, added PDF-Rendering; removed Proton.Feb 25 2019, 7:07 PM
TheDJ added a subscriber: TheDJ.Jun 4 2019, 1:54 PM

In PDFs, license info comes from the printfooter, which for wikimedia introduces wikimedia-copyright message, but that is an override of the defaults

The messages the user should have been looking at are traceable to here : https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/g/mediawiki/core/+/d061c27f45491d8364fea52736645753e4b535b2/includes/skins/Skin.php#827

So:

  • wgRightsPage
  • wgRightsText
  • wgRightsUrl
  • wgRightsIcon

Ergo, this was never a bug..

TheDJ closed this task as Declined.Jun 4 2019, 1:54 PM
TheDJ changed the task status from Declined to Invalid.
TheDJ reopened this task as Open.Jun 4 2019, 1:59 PM
TheDJ removed a project: PDF-Rendering.

Correction, this was a pure Collection report of course, not the newer PDF rendering.

In that case the right variables would have been:
$wgCollectionLicenseName and $wgCollectionLicenseURL per
https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-extensions-Collection/blob/master/extension.json#L174