Improving the Contributions page
Provide a quick way to to start an article, upload a file or create a translation. This is an iteration on the previous design in which issues were identified. Those are explained in T88586.
Check this prototype to get an idea.
- A new "New contribution" section is added above the existing "User contributions" section.
- Three buttons are provided for creating an article, uploading media, and access the translation dashboard (this will replace the current drop-down menu).
- Article creation action should be labeled as "new page" (this doesn't match the prototype) and link to some place where users can start a new article. One option is the wanted pages list, but we may find a better place.
- "Upload media" links to the upload wizard.
- "Translate" links to the Content Translation Dashboard (showing the suggestions panel if that exists).
- Each button may have a blue highlighted corner when there is an event worth highlighting (in the prototype it is shown for "translate"):
- At the moment, it will be present for the "translate" button the first time the user views this component (to communicate that there is a new way to contribute), only the first time.
- Each button will have a corresponding tooltip on hover that will provide more details on the actions.