Page MenuHomePhabricator

& converted to & in reference name
Closed, ResolvedPublic1 Story Points

Description

https://fr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?diff=112877079 shows a & converted to & in a reference name.

Event Timeline

gpaumier created this task.Mar 18 2015, 8:05 PM
gpaumier raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
gpaumier updated the task description. (Show Details)
gpaumier added a project: VisualEditor.
gpaumier added subscribers: Eloquence, gpaumier.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptMar 18 2015, 8:05 PM
Jdforrester-WMF triaged this task as High priority.Mar 19 2015, 2:28 AM
Jdforrester-WMF edited a custom field.

Can you give me a little more information? Did you edit that reference in VisualEditor or did it corrupt a reference you didn't at all touch? Was the only change made to the page the added link at the top?

This will help me debug; I am trying to see if there was an issue with the way VE sent the data to Parsoid.

I can't reproduce this in Chrome or Firefox, either with editing the reference or without.

@Mooeypoo: I've tried to reproduce the issue but haven't been able to either. I'm not the one who made the change, it's just something I noticed as I was reviewing edits made with VE.

I've contacted the user who made the change to ask if they could share their browser & OS information to help us debug this. I'll let you know if they respond.

Mooeypoo changed the task status from Open to Stalled.Mar 19 2015, 11:40 PM

I also tested on Windows 7 (64 bit) with 3 versions of Chrome. Can't reproduce. If the user responds and this can be reproduced we can revisit.

The user got back to me and said he used Chrome, but didn't give any other information. I'll let you know if I come across other instances of this issue.

Jdforrester-WMF closed this task as Resolved.Aug 13 2015, 12:27 AM
Jdforrester-WMF claimed this task.
Jdforrester-WMF added a subscriber: Jdforrester-WMF.

Provisionally marking as Resolved for now; probably a temporary switch-over issue.