|Open||None||T76456 Language Engineering tracker of trackers (tracking)|
|Resolved||None||T88408 [Tracker] New language requests for Content Translation|
|Resolved||KartikMistry||T93134 Enable ContentTranslation in the Kannada Wikipedia|
Kannada is available as target language in http://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Special:ContentTranslation now. Please report any issues you see. Please try translating some articles. There is no machine translation, but all other translation tools like automatic link, category, image, reference adaptation should work.
It is a beta feature, you may need to enable it if not done already.
Is there any reason why Kannada is not enabled also as source language?
If I recall correctly when enabling languages we decided to enable all language combinations except some special source-only languages for which CX is not deployed (e.g., English). I'm not sure how much Content Translation will be used to translate Kannada articles into the rest of supported languages, but I don't see a reason to limit that.
Hi All, Thanks for making this happen. I went ahead and did translate couple of articles. Here are some of my observations. Tables doesn't get added properly or may be It needed me to click on each cell to get full table border. Please check ಸಂಚಾರಿ_ವಿಜಯ್ to learn about this.
- Language link had català in place of English (source language) - and català points to broken link
- Machine Translations are awesome! but it adds the kannada article link to translations. If we get an option to change the link text also, that would avoid editing the article after publishing. For example Harivu - I had to go back and change the text to ಹರಿವು manually though the link was correctly pointing to an article in Kn:Wiki
- Infobox didn't appear for translation.
I shall keep testing and posting my findings.
Thanks much once again!
Just replies to your comments:
- A link to Catalan appears because you probably selected Catalan somewhere for testing or by mistake, and it was saved in a cookie. English didn't appear, because we don't add automatic links to Wikidata yet, but we will soon. And what do you mean by broken link?
- We'll improve link support in the coming weeks.
- Infoboxes are not properly supported yet. This will be done in the future.