This is a proposal to deploy Blueprint as an optional skin in mediawiki.org, tagged as "Blueprint_EXPERIMENTAL" if needed, to set user expectations right.
For T301: Define the look&feel of the Developer Hub and T93610: Put WikimediaUI Style Guide on mediawiki.org we would want this skin to be the default for the namespace(s) of their pages, using something like the SkinPerNamespace extension.
- Create a tracking task for the extension's deployment to Wikimedia wikis. This bug should only concern deployment itself, any sub-issues (that block deployment) should be separate bugs that are listed under "Blocked by" for this tracking bug.
- Create Skin mediawiki.org page for developers and people who will install or configure the extension.
- Create Help:Skin: mediawiki.org page for end-user documentation. Cross-link it with the above.
- Request a project in Phabricator if none exists yet. Blueprint
- Get the extension code in Gerrit. rSBLU mediawiki-skins-Blueprint
- Show community support/desire for the extension to be deployed, if applicable.
- Request (and respond to) a product review, if applicable
- Request (and respond to) a design review, if applicable.
- Open (and respond to) a security review ticket blocking your tracking task.
- Make sure the extension is automatically branched.