This is a proposal to deploy Blueprint as an optional skin in mediawiki.org, tagged as "Blueprint_EXPERIMENTAL" if needed, to set user expectations right.
For T301: Define the look&feel of the Developer Hub and T93610: Put WikimediaUI Style Guide on mediawiki.org we would want this skin to be the default for the namespace(s) of their pages, using something like the SkinPerNamespace extension.
See Writing an extension for deployment and Review queue checklist for steps towards deployment.
- Create a tracking task for the extension's deployment to Wikimedia wikis. This bug should only concern deployment itself, any sub-issues (that block deployment) should be separate bugs that are listed under "Blocked by" for this tracking bug.
- Create Skin mediawiki.org page for developers and people who will install or configure the extension.
- Create Help:Skin: mediawiki.org page for end-user documentation. Cross-link it with the above.
- Request a project in Phabricator if none exists yet. Blueprint
- Get the extension code in Gerrit. rSBLU mediawiki-skins-Blueprint
- Show community support/desire for the extension to be deployed, if applicable.
- Request (and respond to) a product review, if applicable
- Request (and respond to) a design review, if applicable.
- Open (and respond to) a security review ticket blocking your tracking task.
- Make sure the extension is automatically branched.