As a (hypothetical) bot-owner, I sometimes need to mass-edit links and templates that editors have used within talkpages.
I would like to be able to do this:
- Without changing the timestamp of the original post
- Without Echo-notifying the author
- Without bumping the Topic in a board ("Recent activity")
- renaming user without leaving a redirect (in ping-template user mention)
- updating links - Wikipedia:Project -> Project: ; User:Box/someuserbox -> Template:Userbox/someuserbox ; renaming project ; remove various redirects; rename links when the page becomes disambiguation pages
- (please add some here)