That way, it won't change if they just use VE for previewing.
|Resolved||Catrope||T94852 C8. Only change editor preference if the user makes a change with the editor|
|Open||None||T90761 Change detection for VE in Flow|
- Mentioned In
- T155665: Rich text mode should be the default in Flow replies
rEFLW4fdbecc2dd5b: Only change editor preference if user makes a change
rMEXT46675acc30c2: Updated mediawiki/extensions Project: mediawiki/extensions/Flow…
T101351: Flow post being edited using Wikitext reverts to Visual Editor if previewed
If no changes are made with the editor - the editor preference is not changed.
- a user has VE(or markup) mode for editing
- switch to markup(or VE) - do not do any editing
- click on 'Cancel' or 'Save changes'
- re-login and check if the editor preference is changed
Checked for the following cases
|preview mode||clicked on||result upon re-login|
|markup||Cancel||stayed in VE|
|markup||Save changes||stayed in VE|
|VE||Cancel||stayed in markup|
|VE||Save changes||stayed in markup|
Hello Etonkovidova - your chart is not matching my situation. I use markup by default (i.e., I have VE disabled at present) - this is the choice I make in my personal editing preferences. But when I am using a browser that supports VE, the default editing option I get for Flow is VE, not markup. It should be markup, with the option to toggle to VE.
As well, even when I am editing in markup, when I preview and then return to editing, I am always switched to VE instead of returning to markup. This is consistent whenever I am using a browser that supports VE.
Risker: I checked the scenarios you described
- disabled VE in Preferences. Then, when I go to Talk pages, they still have VE enabled for editing - yes, it still is happening. I'll discuss it with the team if it's an issue.
- The following issue has been fixed in beta testing environment.
even when I am editing in markup, when I preview and then return to editing, I am always switched to VE instead of returning to markup