Page MenuHomePhabricator

[Task] Deploy primary sources tool to beta and test.wikidata
Open, HighPublic1 Story Points

Description

It heavily relies on our DOM structure, so it will most likely break when we change something. We should have it deployed on beta (and test) to be able to test it with new code.

Event Timeline

Tobi_WMDE_SW raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
Tobi_WMDE_SW updated the task description. (Show Details)
Tobi_WMDE_SW added a project: Wikidata.
Tobi_WMDE_SW added a subscriber: Tobi_WMDE_SW.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptApr 7 2015, 2:23 PM
Lydia_Pintscher triaged this task as High priority.Apr 7 2015, 3:33 PM
Lydia_Pintscher updated the task description. (Show Details)
Lydia_Pintscher set Security to None.
Lydia_Pintscher moved this task from incoming to ready to go on the Wikidata board.
Tomayac added a subscriber: Tomayac.Apr 7 2015, 7:26 PM

We picked this up and it is on the board but it was never added to the sprint in phabricator...

Added https://test.wikidata.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-PrimarySources.js which loads it in the same way as the user-common.js snippet, but from www.wikidata.org. (And included it in https://test.wikidata.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadgets-definition ).

But that fails currently as there are relative URLs used in the script, filed a bug for that: https://github.com/google/primarysources/issues/19

Currently can't get the necessary permissions on beta to also add it there, will try later.

Tobi_WMDE_SW moved this task from Backlog to Doing on the Wikidata-Sprint-2015-05-05 board.

I fixed this with commit https://github.com/google/primarysources/commit/cc2da3c08b7663a24343d7dd94b34410e7d84d68, the user script should be testable now on test.wikidata.org and beta.

I still needed to change some URLs to point to the current site (making them relative should work), see https://test.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki%3AGadget-PrimarySources.js&type=revision&diff=13800&oldid=13799 .

Then it works, but will probably never give any statements as the the low item IDs will probably not have any suggested statements in the backend. Not sure what to do about that. Perhaps add a test modus to the backend? Or run another instance of it with test data? Add a test mode to the gadget which displays random suggested statements on the current item?

Adding a mode to feed the gadget with dummy data seems simplest to me. What do you think @Tomayac?

Tobi_WMDE_SW edited a custom field.May 25 2015, 11:11 AM
jeblad added a subscriber: jeblad.May 25 2015, 5:31 PM
Jonas renamed this task from Deploy Google's primary sources tool to beta and test.wikidata to [Task] Deploy Google's primary sources tool to beta and test.wikidata.Aug 15 2015, 7:26 PM
JanZerebecki removed JanZerebecki as the assignee of this task.Aug 26 2015, 3:39 PM
Izno moved this task from Backlog to Primary Sources on the Wikidata-Gadgets board.
Lydia_Pintscher renamed this task from [Task] Deploy Google's primary sources tool to beta and test.wikidata to [Task] Deploy primary sources tool to beta and test.wikidata.Feb 13 2018, 1:44 PM
Hjfocs added a subscriber: Hjfocs.

Applies to version 2 as well.