Revisit this now that we have a more clear idea of what needs to be done.
We accidentally killed the PHPUnit job with T94586, which has to be fixed. Prepare patches of all our customizations to the civicrm/ repo, split out by functionality.
- Decide what to do with each of these features. There are only three sane alternatives: upstream, push into an extension, or abandon. There should be no more customizations that just sit in the Civi repo.
- Take the latest CiviCRM 4.4 LTS release and overwrite whatever is in contrib-v4.4.
- Fix the dev-v4.4 branch, we want it to be exactly contrib-v4.4 with the Giant Rabbit patch applied.
- Make sure our Drupal modules still work.
- Be really careful about contribution-* vs financial-*
- Ask Eileen for the full gotcha list.
- Perform and time the upgrade on a staging instance.
- Beat the staging instance with GUI and drush.
TODO: not complete