- The chrome status bar should be hidden whilst the editor overlay is open
- When user is on collection edit screen, there is a back button instead of an X in the top-left corner
- Change label of 'Done' to 'Save' (T97266)
- When you add / remove items to the collection, these do not get saved instantly and no toast is shown. Clicking 'Done' will cause the removal/addition of new items to the collection.
- When clicking done and the changes have been saved the page gets refreshed to show you the new members in the collection. A toast is shown after the page has been reloaded to tell you that the changes occured.
- When you click back button and you have staged changes you get a prompt asking you to confirm that you will lose changes.
- Change the text of the edit button to 'Edit name and description' in the overlay
- When you click 'edit name and description' on the screen with the title and description the button in the top right corner says 'Done' and is green and clicking it takes you back to the interface for adding and removing items
- Mentioned In
- rEGAT3013f4aadd12: Save changes to members of collection only when done clicked
rMEXT984c8a2fc35c: Updated mediawiki/extensions Project: mediawiki/extensions/Gather…
rMEXT0a10f109b6a9: Updated mediawiki/extensions Project: mediawiki/extensions/Gather…
rEGAT21c7ef1318ab: Change button label for edit button in edit collection overlay
rMEXTdc7b732f9c29: Updated mediawiki/extensions Project: mediawiki/extensions/Gather…
rEGATf3f1e7f29188: Make edits to title and description instanenous
rMEXT4b944a380f6d: Updated mediawiki/extensions Project: mediawiki/extensions/Gather…
rEGAT62e00eb35486: Swap X button for arrow for editor overlay
- Mentioned Here
- T97266: for edit overlay, change label of done to save
This is the only one remaining to be reviewed. I don't understand why the editing of title/description is now instant but the adding/removing of items is going to be delayed until clicking done. Also it seems dangerous to have all that state pending until the user clicks done. I personally like how it is now, I don't have to worry that my list of 50 new elements will be lost if anything happens and I don't click Done (browser crashes, I loose connection, etc).
Hi Joaquin-I agree that it is a little suboptimal. Though I am starting to see instant saves on mobile devices, I think people are still used to the ability to back out of a save. it is still the dominant paradigm and the most accesible, comprehensible one for the greatest majority...which is our audience.
I would rather clear up the inconsistency by changing it so the edit/description not saved until you hit the save button on the next page...but in the near term, we should move the name and desc to the main edit page.