Page MenuHomePhabricator

The status of the Tunisian Arabic
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Dear Sir,
I had joined Phabricator because we have to solve all the problems here.
Now, we have two scripts for Tunisian... AEB (AEB-ARAB) and AEB-LATN...
I ask if we can achieve a consensus with Language Committee about the recognition of both scripts for Tunisian.
We can use AEB in writing Wikisource and Wikibooks and AEB-LATN in other projects.
Furthermore, adjust Tûnsi as Tûnsî as shown in Merge "Split Tunisian spoken Arabic in Arabic and Latin script variants".
Yours Sincerely,
Houcemeddine Turki

Event Timeline

Csisc assigned this task to Mjbmr.
Csisc raised the priority of this task from to High.
Csisc updated the task description. (Show Details)
Csisc added a subscriber: Csisc.
Csisc added a subscriber: Mjbmr.

Dear Sir,
I had joined Phabricator because we have to solve all the problems here.
Now, we have two scripts for Tunisian... AEB (AEB-ARAB) and AEB-LATN...
I ask if we can achieve a consensus with Language Committee about the recognition of both scripts for Tunisian.
We can use AEB in writing Wikisource and Wikibooks and AEB-LATN in other projects.
Furthermore, adjust Tûnsi as Tûnsî.
Yours Sincerely,
Houcemeddine Turki

Csisc set Security to None.

Move articles with latin script from Wp/aeb/ prefix to Wp/aeb/latn/ prefix and move articles with arabic script to Wp/aeb/arab/ prefix and keep main page written with both scripts, and do so for other projects.

To change direction for a page in latin script, add following code at the top of that page:

<div dir="ltr">
Csisc raised the priority of this task from High to Unbreak Now!.May 6 2015, 12:21 PM

I have seen that you had recognized both scripts as AEB-LATN and AEB-ARAB. However, I cannot edit them in Incubator. So, please give me access to edit them in Incubator. Furthermore, the name of Tunisian in Latin Script is "Tûnsî" and not "Tûnsi". So, try to adjust this as soon as possible.

Amire80 lowered the priority of this task from Unbreak Now! to Medium.May 6 2015, 12:24 PM

"Unbreak Now" is only for things that worked in production and stopped working or for security issues, and this is not the case. This will be deployed according to the usual schedule.

The problem of the language name had been resolved. I just apply that I can edit Wp/aeb-latn and Wt/aeb-latn.

I will try to contact the admins of Incubator. Thank you.

Nikerabbit claimed this task.
Nikerabbit removed a project: Blocked-on-Language.
Nikerabbit added a subscriber: Nikerabbit.

It looks like there are no changes needed anymore. Please reopen and clarify if that is not true.