When doing a map as vector graphics, it is very interesting to make this map
interactive by putting wikilinks pointing to the dedicated articles. You can
take a look at the two following examples:
This methode using CSS has many drawbacks:
- Everytime you resize the image frame, all the links have to be changed by hand.
- Everytime you change the SVG file and this change includes a resize, all the
links have to be changed by hand.
- This method is very boring and takes a looooooong time.
It would be _really_ practical to have some extension that would parse an SVG
file looking for text with wikisyntax. Thus, links could be added directly in
the SVG file. This would really improve the map features of MediaWiki:
- Images could be resized without making the position of the links obsolete
- The links could be placed directly in Inkscape, thus making it much more
practical to place them
- All maps could be made interactive