As a way to encourage users to keep translating we may want to notify them when they create their 1st, 5th, 10th and 100th translation.
- Only translations published to main namespace are taken into account. No notifications about their translations into user namespace.
- Notifications are sent to the target wiki (the one the user published the article in).
- The notifications link to CX, and it should be accessible. So if CX beta feature was not enabled (the user could have enabled it on source wiki and being transferred to the target), we need to provide access to CX or auto-enable the feature.
- We need to consider whether to count separate milestones per wiki (in which case we may want to have only 1,10, 100) or global milestones (where we can have an additional 5th translation notification).
The notifications could be:
- "Congratulations for your first translation [on Catalan Wikipedia]! You can find more pages to translate from your contributions page anytime." (linking to the contributions page)
- "Congratulations for your fifth translation [on Catalan Wikipedia]! Find new interesting topics to keep translating." (linking to the translation board)
- "Congratulations for your tenth translation! You are becoming an expert translator. Keep the good work!"
- "You just made 100 translations! That is a remarkable achievement. Share the word with other editors."
- "You reached X articles created with Content Translation. More articles are waiting You can find more articles to translate from your contributions page anytime."