For the compat deprecation discussion T99365, we'd like to have some statistics about usage. We'd be interested in:
- compat vs core. This can be recognised from the user agent.
- compat: replace.py/r1234 Pywikipediabot/1.0
- core: (wikipedia:en; User:Valhallasw) Pywikibot/2.0b3 (g5524) httplib2/0.9 Python/2.7.6.final.0
- can we distinguish read and write?
- if possible, a breakdown per project (wikipedia/wikisource/wiktionary/etc + wikidata/commons)
- would it be possible to filter by unique bots if this information is not in the user agent?