When auto-adding machine translation or source text to the translation column, the references are adapted quite nicely.
If the user deletes the auto-inserted text, there is no way to re-add the references.
When clicking a reference in the source column, there must be a button on the reference card to add the reference manually from the source column to the translation column.
- When clicking a reference in the source text, it should become highlighted and the focus should not be lost. Just like it happens with links.
- When a reference card is shown and it does not exist in the target, an option to add reference should be provided in the reference card. Just like it happens with links.
- If possible, the added reference in the translation should behave as an atomic element:
- It should not be possible to change the label (unlike links, it does not make sense to change "" to be anything else). Actions on an added reference should be edit (when supported) and remove (which will remove the whole thing, not leaving a text version of "").
- When a reference is added to the text, it is important that the cursor is placed after it in a way that typing does not write in superscript.