After sending out mass-messages asking experienced editors to become new mentors as @Trizek-WMF and I have agreed to do, we have 2 more editors registering to be mentors. So now Vietnamese community have a total of 6 active mentors.
Sun, Jan 19
Probably the easiest way is if ambassadors copy the page into their personal namespace (User:XXX/NewcomerTopics.json) and make changes there, and then either us or one of the administrators of the wiki can copy the new content back to the real page. That's less error prone than people unfamiliar with the script and RTL browser behavior trying to copy over text from tables.
(Relatedly, this is something I've been meaning to do but never gotten around it, so let's have a task to keep track of it: T242789: When using the local configuration loader for newcomer tasks, edits that bring the configuration page to an invalid state should be prevented)
Sat, Jan 18
- Still missing some translations. Also I have some translations I want to change, can I?
- The result articles are unbelievably off-topic, I thought you guys have already fixed the randomness? I'm working on my seed article list again, please wait...
- I have just realized that some times along the way the Vietnamese seed article list have become incorrect: In the Json list, the Science tab has now been labeled "Địa lý" (Geography) with Geography's seed articles. So now (1) there's no science label and science seed articles; (2) there's no geography tab.
Tue, Jan 14
Picked art again and here are the result:
- Tượng sống: Living statue, good
- Nghệ thuật Hy Lạp cổ: Ancient Greek art, good
- Bố cục tạo hình: err, don't know the English word but it's art-related, good
- Kiến trúc Tân cổ điển: Neoclassical architecture, good
- Nghệ thuật Gothic: Gothic art, good
- Hoàng Hải (nghệ sĩ cải lương): Hải is a singer but of a Vietnamese modern folk opera genre, so I think this one's half good? Still art-related if you consider singing is art ("art" in Vietnamese is "nghệ thuật", which does include singing, but in my personal impression "art" itself in English doesn't...)
- Amanda Strydom: a singer too
- Chủ nghĩa biểu hiện: expressionism, good
- Du lịch Paris: Tourism in Paris, off-topic
- Doraemon (hoạt hình): it's... an anime, can you call it art? Half good.
Mon, Jan 13
Selected arts and got the following:
Fri, Jan 10
Tue, Jan 7
Sun, Jan 5
Fri, Dec 27
I'm done. The funny thing is I can't think of any phrases or words that should be linked but isn't. I guess it's because those articles are too short, there's not enough option. And somehow out of the 5 articles of Vietnamese, the Algorithm (or somebody) picked one having only 1 sentence...
Nov 21 2019
Nov 20 2019
@MMiller_WMF Sorry Marshall but that is the only way if you want to include the "by reader". The "4 visits (last 60 days)" would be "4 lượt ghé thăm (60 ngày qua)" which is a little bit shorter compared to "4 lượt xem bởi người đọc (60 ngày qua)". I think that using visits would be fine too.
Nov 10 2019
I've finished my part for viwiki. Nothing's incorrect.
Nov 8 2019
Nov 7 2019
Nov 2 2019
@MMiller_WMF: After taking a look at several articles having that template, I'm not sure it's suitable for newcomer. This template is too general: articles that
- have non-wiki structure/format (like here, or this over-quoted one);
- are poorly written or translated that makes no sense (like here or here);
- use bullet point just too much even though it perhaps should be written like a prose (like here or here);
- have sections that are too long or too short (like here or here);
- according to me are rather fine but somehow has the template on them (like here or here, only that this one is a stub)
Oct 31 2019
I've done on my part.
Oct 29 2019
@Trizek-WMF um no, it seems there're still templates that I haven't listed yet. But I guess I'm more than half done :D
@MMiller_WMF, we are also blocked by the editor itself. conserning inserting languages, several languages go with wikimarkup first. Other go with visual editing first. A third group provides both options. Non of them provide an overview of all possibilities (including the fact that yu need to add the image to Commons first -- with copyright issues), with a simple tutorial.
@MMiller_WMF Can you somehow give us an example of the Copyediting one in English Wikipedia?
Oct 19 2019
Oct 18 2019
Regarding the link for creating a new article, here is the one on the help panel: Help:Editing, but this one focuses solely on guiding how to edit in general. If you specifically need a link for creating articles, here it is: Help:Your first article.
Done for now.