Thu, Sep 23
- Three meetings have been held (two with T&S staff and one with a steward) to identify why few spambots had cross-wiki edits: most activity of spambots might be stored as hits in the logs of AbuseFilter or Spamblacklist.
- These conversations also led to formalizing the problem of characterizing spambots as the characterizing whether a URL/domain is related to spambot-driven activities.
- The problem of missing data on deleted revisions has been reviewed with research engineering and more examples will be analyzed to better identify how these contents are handled in our databases.
Tue, Sep 21
Fri, Sep 17
Mon, Sep 13
Fri, Sep 10
- Review of different optimization techniques for the retrieval process from Mediawiki_wikitext_history with the Analytics team
- Re-structure of the dashboard prototype according to the sub(categories) from the taxonomy
- Addition of new indicators:
Wed, Sep 8
Fri, Sep 3
Aug 20 2021
- The initial list of spambots has been extended with stats around the edit count per existing wiki.
- A preliminary data analysis has been conducted revealing that only a minor fraction of globally locked editors as spambots had generated cross-wiki activity.
- Stats on the number of globally locked editors over time have been added to the dashboard.
- The 1st Moderator Tools monthly meeting was held and the current dashboard was showcased.
Aug 13 2021
- A dataset has been created with monthly stats per wiki (number of edits, number of active editors, ratio of edits by special editors/bots/anonymous users, ratio of minor edits, ratio of edits that are reverts, ratio of edits that the namespace of the page is categorized as content, average number of seconds elapsed since the previous revision made on the current page)
- A dashboard has been built to expose the above metrics
Aug 6 2021
- Brainstorm of data signals with the Moderator Tools team
- Literature review on spambot features (working doc)
Information about the session is already on the program https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2021:Submissions/Indicators_for_the_Wikimedia_Projects
Jul 27 2021
Jul 23 2021
May 12 2021
Thanks @JAllemandou! I confirm that these data is stored in the centralauth DB, so I am happy to update the title of this task accordingly :)
Feb 18 2021
Feb 17 2021
I have managed to set up the config and ssh in but I am not able to connect to JupyterLab (https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/Systems/Jupyter#JupyterLab) using my WikiTech credentials ("Invalid username or password").