Fri, Nov 20
@Rachmat04 Hi, I already started a proposal to replace FlaggedRevs with the pending changes protection and extended confirmed protection here: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Permohonan_pendapat/Pencabutan_validasi_artikel_(proposal_2020)
Adding subscribers (this is a continuation of https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T172838.)
@Aklapper It has been a month, and FlaggedRevs still hasn't been removed yet! Trying to work around FlaggedRevs by editing in sandboxes for major edits; still, FlaggedRevs should be removed.
Oct 12 2020
I want the Indonesian Wikipedia bureaucrats and administrators to know this so we can replace FlaggedRevs sooner.
(Saya ingin birokrat dan pengurus Wikipedia Indonesia untuk mengetahui ini agar kita bisa lebih cepat mengganti FlaggedRevs.)
Oct 9 2020
I want to quote @Aklapper because I want to work with you (Aklapper) and fix this. I forgot (haven't known about quoting until I read https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Project_management#Setting_task_priorities) to do this earlier.
Well, sorry, I do not know how to fix it. However, I think it is important to remove FlaggedRevs, because it delays helpful edits.
I think the proposal is helpful long-term to implement. It makes edits go live faster (way faster), including helpful ones (like adding information or fixing typos), and the backlog of unreviewed articles would go down, decreasing the load for editors. I fix mistakes and cleanup articles, and, more often than not, my edit is delayed because of FlaggedRevs, so I think this deserves a priority increase. Thank you for reading.
Hello, I'm Akmaie Ajam. I'm reopening this because:
- Pages with FlaggedRevs often didn't have any vandalism in the page history. Proof: https://id.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sara_Fajira&action=history and https://id.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Scuba&action=history
- Even with vandalism in the page history, most of them were old and not ongoing (a month or more). Proof: https://id.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Selam_skuba&action=history
- I often translate and fix mistakes, which are common in the Indonesian Wikipedia, and this delays delivery of my edits to the general readers, because edits made by autoconfirmed users do not bypass the FlaggedRevs system.
- There are edits that have been delayed for over 4 years. Proof: https://id.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Istimewa:Halaman_tertinjau_usang&limit=100
- As Arifin.wijaya said, there is consensus to replace FlaggedRevs.
- With over 500.000 articles, the Indonesian Wikipedia is just too large to apply pending changes protection to almost all articles. I think FlaggedRevs is better for wikis with under 10.000 articles.
- Lack of active editors to review revisions.
- For articles with occasional vandalism attacks from IP addresses and non-autoconfirmed users, I think it's better to just apply protection when it's ongoing rather than forever and delaying good user's edits.
Thank you for reading.