Programmer at Wikimedia Sverige (WMSE).
We took notes in the usual document.
Joined in on the e-mail thread. It can turn out good :)
Mon, Jul 15
The best way to do that would be to modify the zoom and/or bounding box coordinates, and generate close-ups of specific areas, e.g. Europe. It's doable if you can figure out the bounding box. It's in the format min lon,min lat,max lon, max lat.
Now we're finalizing the text, most of which is okay, and the layout.
Created new items in batches:
Sun, Jul 14
Made a dump after uploading ca 5k new items (2019-07-12), and updated the gist.
Caution: This file is 18,000 x 10,000 px, weighs 27 MB and makes my computer sad when I open it. It has some garbage landmass near the edges so it should be cropped before usage / uploading somewhere. It's a jpg because that's what carto-print spits out when you set the format to CMYK, which I did so that it's suitable for printing. It looks like you can get a png if you set the format to RGB, so it can be generated easily if we want that. It was done using:
Done in batches
https://tools.wmflabs.org/editgroups/b/QSv2/15802/ (which stopped halfway)
Done in batch https://tools.wmflabs.org/editgroups/b/QSv2/15788/
Cleaned up the first report.
I have cleaned up these two reports. There's probably still a handful of weird items due to earlier incorrent assignments of Runeberg ID, that couldn't be detected this way.