Aug 29 2018
Aug 13 2018
Jul 1 2018
Nov 28 2017
Nov 7 2017
I'm afraid the current implementation of HDT is not ready to handle more than 4 billions triples as it is limited to 32 bit indexes. I've opened an issue upstream: https://github.com/rdfhdt/hdt-cpp/issues/135
Nov 6 2017
Nov 5 2017
FWIW, I've just tried to convert the ttl dump of the 1st of November 2017 on a machine with 378 GiB of RAM and 0 GiB of swap and… well… it failed with std::bad_alloc after more than 21 hours of runtime. Granted, there was another process eating ~100 GiB of memory, but I thought it would be okay — so I'm proved wrong.
Aug 18 2017
Sorry if it has been discussed in the past, but couldn't such issues be addressed by switching to a non-backtracking regex engine such as Google's RE2?
Jun 26 2017
Jun 19 2017
Jun 13 2017
@Whatamidoing-WMF @Jdforrester-WMF : thank you. I don't understand why we don't wait for everything to be ready instead, but that should do it. That would be awesome if you could drop me an email once the beta cluster is ready, so that I don't miss the opportunity.
Jun 9 2017
Jun 8 2017
Am I the only one to think these numbers don't add up? @Jdforrester-WMF: do you think it is possible for local scripts to break these metrics?
Jun 7 2017
@Whatamidoing-WMF : I'm pretty confident most of them if not all are actually using the local gadget and neither the original toolbar nor another more recent one. There's some “tradition” of customizing this legacy toolbar on the French Wikipedia through one's common.js. Additionaly, no one changed their mind when shown the very useful page at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Editor (though I'd admit it doesn't mean much).
What I don't know is how it'll break when the original toolbar it's more or less based on will disappear.
Jun 5 2017
Feb 14 2017
Jan 24 2017
Marvelous ! Thank you! :-)
Aug 21 2016
Aug 14 2016
Wonderful. I know have a working training scenario :)
Just a quick note: the issue described in T93489 still applies to gerrit-test.wmflabs.org when cloning through HTTP, ie. git review -s doesn't work, you have to install the commit hook manually.
Hi @Paladox and thanks for the info.
Aug 13 2016
I didn't know about the Gerrit testing instance. Thanks!
Hi @Danny_B and thanks for your kind reply.
Jul 29 2016
Apr 28 2016
Fix applied. Thank you!
Feb 17 2016
Feb 8 2016
Dec 14 2015
I guess the “quick fix” for now is to replace the current
$notice = Html::inlineScript( Xml::encodeJsCall( 'document.write', array( $notice ) ) );
with something like
$notice = Html::inlineScript( Xml::encodeJsCall( '$('#content').prepend', array( $notice ) ) );
(not quite sure about how encodeJsCall works).
Nov 16 2015
@Trizek: we probably have the same issue with a bunch of features (most of functions defined in that Common.js, I guess), so please let me know about anything similar you know is not working.
The code handling this template is the BoiteDeroulante function in MediaWiki:Common.js . It's only called on $( document ).ready(), hence the issue.
Oct 26 2015
$ wget 'https://en.wikipedia.org/' -O -
--2015-10-26 16:20:00-- https://en.wikipedia.org/
Resolving en.wikipedia.org (en.wikipedia.org)... 2620:0:862:ed1a::1, 184.108.40.206
Connecting to en.wikipedia.org (en.wikipedia.org)|2620:0:862:ed1a::1|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
Location: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page [following]
--2015-10-26 16:20:00-- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
Reusing existing connection to [en.wikipedia.org]:443.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 500 Internal Server Error
2015-10-26 16:20:00 ERROR 500: Internal Server Error.
Aug 27 2015
Aug 25 2015
Aug 7 2015
I've seen anouncements on Wikitech-ambassadors about the document.write breaking change, but nothing about legacy gadgets which as far as the French Wikipedia is concerned breaks much more things.
May 11 2015
Hi @Dereckson, hi everyone,
Apr 13 2015
Mar 11 2015
Mar 3 2015
Feb 11 2015
Dec 10 2014
Nov 15 2014
Oct 14 2014
Oct 3 2014
I wonder if we're really talking about the same tokens (CSRF vs auth)… But maybe phabricator uses auth token as CSRF tokens. Anyway, the result is the same:
I understand the need of a token for state-changing requests, not for read-only requests. Here, we want the end-user (who certainly wont always have an account, let alone a bot account) to get publicly available information about tasks (summary, state…).