May 9 2019
You won't be able to reproduce it on WMF because it doesn't use the standard search engine, see this old comment for reference:
Nov 12 2018
As far as my understanding goes, WMF uses Extension:CirrusSearch. I can confirm that the issue is happening with the default search engine.
Nov 4 2018
All right, I dug into the code and those are actually two separate issues.
Nov 2 2018
Makes sense, after all API is just for the local API right?
Oct 30 2018
I also tried using a fully specified ForeignDBRepo (rather the one generated by $wgUseSharedUploads) but to no avail:
The origin parameter is automatically added by ForeignApi. I disabled this by commenting out line 63 in ForeignApi.js and this fixes the offending calls (meta=userinfo&uiprop=groups%7Crights and meta=siteinfo&siprop=uploaddialog) but it then breaks a subsequent call that for some reason does include the Origin header.
Well it seems that the Origin header is automatically added by the browser unless it's a same-origin request. Since my wikis are all on the same domain, it doesn't get sent, hence the error.
Thanks, I was able to get the wikicode to show up by following the restrictions you posted.
Thanks for your reply.
Oct 24 2018
For the record, I tried switching to a ForeignAPIRepo rather than the ForeignDBRepo automatically generated by $wgUseSharedUploads but the behaviour was left unchanged.
Thanks a lot for your reply,
Oct 23 2018
MediaWiki version: 1.31.1
VisualEditor version: 0.1.0 (13a585a)
Hi @Aklapper , thanks for your reply.