Sep 25 2020
Sep 21 2020
Great! Thanks a lot, @Esanders.
Sounds good. When is this going to be live on dewiki? I'd like to have a look at some of the pages I listed above. Will I have to purge the pages after the fix is deployed?
Sep 19 2020
A similar problem on ruwiki was fixed in 2018: T188825
- The current heuristic for finding the first non-empty paragraph (and moving it to the top if necessary) works fine for >90% of all pages (e.g. most random pages), but sometimes fails:
- Sometimes it moves the second paragraph to the top, not the first, and thus swaps the paragraphs. This is quite confusing for readers.
- Sometimes it leaves the Infobox at the top and moves no paragraph to the top. This is inconvenient for readers.
- It looks like these problems often (but not always) occur when the wikitext contains an image or an infobox before the first paragraph.
- I couldn't find any articles with these problems in other Wikipedias than dewiki (but I only looked at about ten articles in non-de wikis).