Fri, Nov 8
Aug 8 2019
Jul 29 2019
currently, on wikimedia sites, the parsing _is_ lax, despite what the documentation says.
Jun 13 2019
May 25 2019
Apr 13 2019
another user have copied the whole content of her console:
Apr 12 2019
user reports that on enwiki, and on hewiki with "uselang=en", she _does_ sees the "Save" button, but not with hebrew ui.
Apr 11 2019
Apr 10 2019
legit maps on many wikis are still broken. i believe this story should be reopened - i could not understand the status of the patch, but in production sites (wikipedias of all languages), this is still borked.
Apr 9 2019
Mar 30 2019
Mar 26 2019
this seems to be duplicate of T216318
Mar 25 2019
Mar 15 2019
Mar 14 2019
@IKhitron - if it's not chrome, then can you ask them for browser+version? you sure it's the same report?
so it's not necessarily related to mw update - more likely chrome change.
the url in devtools is:
indeed, it does not happen on the page you linked (i thought it has something to do with debug=true, but no, it does not happen even without).
- further experiments point to section edit (updated repro instructions). i did not see this happen on full page edit.
- with (beta preference) code editor 2017 ("New wikitext mode"), i did not see the issue
- seems to be reliably reproducible with section edit, wikieditor, when beta option turned off.
this happens with any page save/publish, including null edit.
and yes, "eikieditor" is typo, i meant wikieditor. i specified it explicitly b/c we have "visual editor", and "wikieditor 2017".
TBH, i did not try with those - maybe same issue there too. will report if i have more info.
Dec 14 2018
Dec 8 2018
thanks. i find the documentation confusing. it would be nice to mention that "titles" work with this query, and nicer if it will explain what's the diff between lltitles and titles, and when to use each.
Sep 23 2018
Aug 31 2018
Jun 20 2018
Jun 5 2018
May 10 2018
Apr 30 2018
Apr 16 2018
i believe we simply say "incompatible with wiked". wiked has a "disable" button, and the advice we give is, "disable wiked to use the wizard" (<s>i do believe</s> just tested, and the wizard works fine with wiked in a "disabled" state). disabling/enabling wiked is controlled by a single button on wiked toolbar, so it's not an onerous requirement. for hewiki this is not a major issue - relatively small number of editors on hewiki use wiked.
Apr 13 2018
for your enjoyment, i copy the code that does the work on hewiki: - ~40 lines.
Jan 31 2018
Dec 13 2017
Dec 12 2017
if i may make a suggestion: the drop-down (or drop-up in this case) knows how to adjust its height: for instance, if you scroll the page down such that the toolbar is outside the window (but the window size is such that the drop-down still drops up), the list will become shorter, to fit in the window.
Dec 11 2017
Oct 14 2017
Oct 3 2017
hmmmm.... never saw this behavior before. is it possible that a specific image server is misbehaving, and this is the one i'm hitting?
reset priority to "unbreak now".
Jun 12 2017
Jun 10 2017
Jun 3 2017
May 12 2017
as far as i'm concerned, closing T139623 is a good enough implementation of this feature, and the ticket can and should be closed.
Apr 6 2017
I was thinking we'd add something like ?fromrc=1 to the hrefs of links in the RC results area (links to pages, diffs, history, etc.), and then have EventLogging track clicks on specific links (e.g. edit, undo, rollback, patrol) if that query string parameter is set. It would not be on the RC page itself, only other pages, and we could probably limit it to diffs and history (although new page patrol works by clicking a patrol link on the page view itself, so maybe we want that too?).
Mar 29 2017
Mar 13 2017
i do not understand why this was awarded "lowest" priority. reading templatedata from scribuntu is a natural and obvious requirement:
templatedata contains all kinds of "goodies", such as declaring parameters as "required", "obsolete", etc.
in the future' i see more valuable metadata included in TD, such as "if this parameter is not provided, take the value of property X from wikidata", or "this parameter is expected to have one of the following values: a, b, or x" (the last one, e.g., for parameters used with #switch ).
long story short, i think this should be _at least_ "normal priority - for me it's actually "high".
Mar 12 2017
Feb 27 2017
Feb 17 2017
Feb 16 2017
Feb 6 2017
Dec 20 2016
Dec 13 2016
reopened the task.
Oct 4 2016
Sep 30 2016
Jul 16 2016
Jun 28 2016
sorry for the noise: the brain-fart was when i marked this "invalid".
sorry for the late reply.
Jun 2 2016
The fix broke something else: now, subcategories categorytree appear as "empty" even when they are not empty: i.e., the # of pages in the subcat appears correctly, however, the right-side collapser is grey, and has class
CategoryTreeEmptyBullet, and can't be expanded, even for non-empty subcats.
May 25 2016
May 19 2016
Apr 15 2016
Apr 13 2016
Some additional information:
I made a change in a template in hewiki, that should have removed some 400+ pages from some maintenance category.