Mar 3 2019
Can this list be wholly removed?
Jan 25 2018
Thanks everybody for being so positive. May the end of February come quickly!
Jan 24 2018
It's been 3 months with no discussion. Why the delay? An alternative and inclusive competition ('The International Wiki Loves Monuments') will be suggested if there is no movement in the next few weeks.
Dec 18 2017
Can you add a link in the above Description to the discussions which prompted this thread:
Dec 16 2017
This year's campaign in Wales is on hold until we have a confirmation that the 'UK's constituent countries (Scotland, England and Wales) each chose their top 10 photos and that those images will go through to the international competition' (RN above). Last year's campaign in Wales started in August, so we are now four months late; we will hold back until an outcome is reached.
Aug 17 2017
Can we hold fire a little longer please? There's a discussion on the spelling. Thanks!
Jul 29 2017
- Yes, forewarning of banners is essential.
- If they're not translated, the should not appear.
- When they are translated, the translator should publish, not an admin who doesn't speak that language
- Displaying fundraising banners in a foreign language is counterproductive; it will result in "Here we go again! THEY want our money and they can't even ask in our language!
- 'important legal changes ' - same her. If they're important, then a bit of effort to encourage translations is essential, otherwise they will be dissregarded as "someone else's 'legal' issue, not ours. They can't be relevant to us. Now where's my coffee."
- 'important legal changes ' - how often have these occurred in the last 10 years? The problem isn't these infrequent banners, but ones published every fortnight. Let's keep to this, and not side-track.
- 'The problem is that getting translations for banners is incredibly difficult beyond the major languages and putting a banner up with a translation link gets those faster then any possible means.' That's because many are translated, but no one publishes them. This happens to me very often; so often, that we're about to ban all banners on cywiki. They ARE translated, but only admin can publish them.
- 'What I propose in the meanwhile is to create a massmessage list ...' - yes! I agree with this paragraph!
- Most banners which appear on cywiki do not have 'Please translate this banner' on them. Finding where they are is a nightmare. We / Admins should be able to edit them on the local wiki.
10 I support this motion. The whole banner plethera also needs to be simplified.
Jul 12 2017
Nemo_bis is quite right. cy-wiki has lost editors as English only banners are published. I translate the banner, but nothing happens; I'm not allowed to publish! A non-Welsh speaker Meta Admin comes along and clicks publish without understanding a word of it! Take a look at my request: https://cy.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicipedia:Y_Caffi#Baneri_Wikipedia and on Meta here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Forum#Banner_translations_still_do_not_appear Thanks!
May 4 2017
Yes! Please go ahead.
Apr 5 2017
Thanks Krinle et all. Seems good for now. https://cy.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=MediaWici%3ACommon.css&type=revision&diff=2408935&oldid=1745511
Yes. https://cy.wikipedia.org/ . Many users have had this problem, and we have discussed as a community. Go from cy to en and back, maybe do an edit in en and come back to cy, and you will see that the Wicipedia globe has English writing under it.