Contributor on mediawiki.org and developer on gerrit.
Mon, Sep 19
There is now an official release. (https://we.phorge.it/phame/post/view/1/going_public/)
Aug 21 2022
now updated using the master branch from Gerrit. There does appear to be a deprecation warning.
I should be able to do this tomorrow. (Maybe tonight but not likely)
Jun 4 2022
Fixed by updating
found the current log and error is the same
sorry was looking at old logs. Is still broken though.
Apr 18 2022
I think this can be closed? The mentioned versions have been released at this point.
Jan 13 2022
With the git.io service now discontinued, unless we look at using a different provider, this is no longer possible.
Jan 9 2022
Dec 5 2021
Fixed by @Petrb.
Nov 13 2021
Nov 10 2021
Sep 21 2021
I went ahead and updated the patch using code from the moralize implementation. Credit goes to @Universal_Omega.
Sep 18 2021
Closing as invalid, as when I look in the web console on Wikipedia as well as another wiki, and when I look at the MW code, I see that the correct autocomplete values are set.
Sep 15 2021
@Florian Do you mind if I update your patch for this with some code from the working version, and get it reviewed/hopefully merged?
Sep 12 2021
(The existing patch is 2 years old at this point) - Both miraheze and testwiki.wiki have v3 deployed using a custom extension (https://github.com/miraheze/MirahezeMagic/tree/master/ReCaptchaNoCaptcha), and so far it’s proved very effective, with pretty much no spambot account creations since it was deployed - it would really be nice to have v3 available as part of ConfirmEdit!
Sep 5 2021
Sep 4 2021
The code for the login form does seem to set autocomplete values (https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki/blob/51b5edd2adb5b33d6cc042df2aae5175144a0640/includes/specialpage/LoginSignupSpecialPage.php#L905)
but they don’t take effect on the login form I checked the web inspector for both wikipedia, and a different wiki, and I am seeing autocomplete values that are correct.
Doing a quick search in the code (for core), it looks like we pretty much already use these values for autocomplete.
Aug 24 2021
Aug 21 2021
I’ve done some testing and the solution that I’ve found so far is to set autocomplete to “one-time-code”. It was set to off per T226049 and T141735, but at least in safari the problem mentioned in those tasks doesn’t happen when setting it to “one-time-code”.
Aug 20 2021
Aug 18 2021
never mind, didn't see the earlier fix.
there seems to have been an error with my commit, @MtMNC I have a fix coming soon.
Aug 17 2021
Jul 25 2021
Jul 20 2021
Jul 7 2021
Jun 28 2021
I added a notice to the top of the page in bold.
Jun 26 2021
https://wm-bot.wmflabs.org is kept for historical purposes and shows freenode
Jun 22 2021
Jun 14 2021
I will note that Puppet 5.5 has been declared end of life as of November 2020
Jun 8 2021
Jun 4 2021
GitHub is now fully setup and working - Be aware that you need to have the content type set to json in the webhook config in the repo settings.
Jun 3 2021
web ui is setup - though the log browser doesn't show any channels - I believe this is due to the fact that the logs_meta table in the Postgres db is completely empty for libera whereas it isn't for freenode
Jun 2 2021
Jun 1 2021
This should probably now be bumped to 1.36?
May 31 2021
Might not be a bad idea for me to have access as well - I tend to be around most of the time - and I could also work on getting the web ui working for Libera - I know Apache fairly well.
May 26 2021
And now freenode staff have started hijacking channels
This has now been done
May 23 2021
The only other thing that doesn’t seem to work is the GitHub relay
May 22 2021
Linkie doesn’t seem to be working.
May 21 2021
Logging now works. (Available at https://wm-bot.wmflabs.org/libera_logs/)
Channel logging won’t work yet, but it is online.
probably 2 separate instances is good, and just copy over the database since most things should be the exact same
Since the bot is in over 400 channels, it would make sense to keep it running on Freenode at least for a bit longer
I did patches for the core branches, but they are linked to the parent task.
May 20 2021
Others of us have root access on the irc side of things
@Matthewrbowker has shell access as well
I think ACLs will need to be rebuilt since the cloaks are different on Libera.
May 6 2021
@mmodell it seems like you need to land the change.
Apr 29 2021
I would guess we would probably want to use the MediaWiki:Refreshed-this-wiki-wordmark page if it’s set and fallback to $wgLogos if it’s set otherwise fall back to the current default.
Apr 12 2021
Looks like the upstream patch is accepted, though still needs to be landed.
Apr 8 2021
@Ladsgroup You checked the box for update at translatewiki.net but I still see the old logo on the front page.
Apr 7 2021
I added @epriestley on purpose since he maintains Phabricator.
Currently, if I create a translatable template and mark it, and translate it to a language such as Spanish, if I transclude the template on a page like [[Test page/es]] even though it's the /es subpage, it still shows up in English, instead of Spanish. However, if I change the page language under page info, then the translated version is shown. It would be nice if it could show the translated version based on the subpage, as well as the page language. (tested on mediawiki.org and test.wikipedia.org)
Apr 2 2021
I have updated https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MediaWiki-sysadmins-icon.svg as well.
I attempted to update https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MediaWiki-extensions-icon.svg, but when I open the existing image in Inkscape, the blue screwdriver handle is messed up.
I created and uploaded new versions of some of the user box icons
Feb 27 2021
Jan 29 2021