I use MediaWiki in Dutch. If I ever claim to see something you don't, check if it occurs when setting the user language to Dutch, and remind me to switch too, so we don't get a repetition of T207288. And if I have the bright idea to test something on my local vagrant machine, and it doesn't work, I probably have a messed up vagrant instance and should be reminded to reset it, so we don't get a repetition of T207288.
Tue, Aug 20
Is there anything left to do for D1151? I couldn't find any instructions on what to do once the revision has been accepted. I also don't see a way to rerun the tests; previously they failed because harbormaster couldn't connect to Jenkins (B3231).
Sun, Aug 18
Fri, Aug 16
Thu, Aug 15
Sun, Aug 11
Sun, Aug 4
I can't see the message you're referring to: I see "This message group is empty". when I click on the links. Do you have a direct link to the message?
Wed, Jul 31
This change also affects non-mobile views: I can no longer group recent changes on mediawiki.org (or the beta cluster), regardless of the value of the preference. I use Vector (on desktop - no mobile whatsoever).
Mon, Jul 29
Sun, Jul 28
Sat, Jul 27
Thu, Jul 25
Jul 19 2019
I've also updated https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Differential with instructions on how to create changes without using arcanist.
There's also https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/differential/diff/create/, in which you can paste a diff, which is how I created D1151.
Jul 18 2019
Jul 17 2019
Jul 16 2019
I've created T228198: Archive the Convert2Wiki extension.
I did an install and found the following issues, that make me advise archival:
- I18n, while present, is not loaded, resulting in ⧼convert2wiki⧽ shown.
- The special page itself is not translatable, the text is hardcoded in Convert2WikiSpecial.php.
- Rather than adding all necessary classes to the MediaWiki autoloader, this extension manually registers a new autoloader to load its classes, in a weird way that isn't obvious to me why you'd do that. There is no comment indicating why.
- Usage of deprecated global $wgAjaxExportList.
- No maintenance or updates have been done after the initial import.
- Only reported usage is a 1.26 wiki.
- Dropdowns on Special:Convert2Wiki do not work.
- Console reports TypeError: Cannot read property 'wikiScript' of undefined at convert2wiki.js:48
- Unit tests aren't auto-discovered, nor manually registered. It does have tests, but those aren't run by the CI. The tests themselves fail, there is a broken method call in Convert2Wiki\Formats\Text.
- I tried to make the CI run them in https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/extensions/Convert2Wiki/+/523786, but that didn't work.
Jul 12 2019
Mediawiki.org had one filter, which I've marked as deleted: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:AbuseFilter/50.
Jul 11 2019
Jul 2 2019
Jun 27 2019
Jun 24 2019
Jun 21 2019
Jun 20 2019
I couldn't find any uses on WikiApiary: https://wikiapiary.com/wiki/Extension:FirstSteps. Googling the extension description didn't turn up anything either.
Jun 18 2019
Thanks for the help @MarcoAurelio!
Then I'm most likely mistaken - I probably confused wgAccountCreationThrottle with wgRateLimits - I'll restore MediaWiki-Configuration as project, as it's becoming pretty clear that this is a request for a new feature, not a change to existing configuration. Apologies for the confusion!
Isn't this exactly what a radio button does?
There have been no additional requests for this feature, and the extension this was requested for is archived: T225991: Archive the PureWikiDeletion extension.
Jun 15 2019
Will there also be a PHP variant of this widget?
Jun 13 2019
Jun 12 2019
Jun 11 2019
Jun 8 2019
Probably the same as T225354: VisualEditor broken on REL1_33: "ConfigException: undefined option: 'EnableBlockNoticeStats'" - Likely already fixed in master, just needs a backport.
May 30 2019
May 29 2019
Regression caused by rMW72f61f7a5930: jquery.suggestions: Trigger keypress on initializing.
May 23 2019
See T151070: Move Phabricator from PHP 7.0 to PHP 7.2 for tasks related to the move.
Seems to work now. I assume the move to phab1003 functioned as the restart it needed.
May 22 2019
May 21 2019
May 16 2019
May 13 2019
Can't we implement this in MediaWiki-Codesniffer instead? That's faster to run, and the check is fairly simplistic - verify that the method contains T_RETURN or T_YIELD when the accompanying docblock contains @return.
May 12 2019
May 8 2019
Not related to a specific extension, the same is happening for XAnalytics: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/extensions/XAnalytics/+/508684.
This has to do with some out of memory issues with Phan: T219114: phan 1.2.6 is OOMing on MediaWiki core.
May 6 2019
May 2 2019
May 1 2019
Apr 30 2019
Apr 29 2019
Apr 26 2019
It took a while, but I can confirm it works with a new vagrant instance. xdebug 2.7.0 shows up on http://dev.wiki.local.wmftest.net:8080/info.php.
Ah, I incorrectly assumed, that because T216712 wasn't marked as resolved yet, that that hadn't happened yet. I've filed T221923 for that. However, as SRE is off-site this week according to wikitech.org, temporarily reverting https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/506121 might help those currently without xdebug.
Apr 25 2019
It was the latter, I updated because of an unrelated reason (needed rMWVAe7f3fd), and after provisioning, I noticed the message.
Apr 24 2019
The change above results in the message Cannot load Xdebug - it was already loaded whenever I run a maintenance script in vagrant. Xdebug was previously added to MediaWiki vagrant in T212045: Vagrant has Xdebug no longer enabled, preventing debugging and code coverage generation, and it appears both are actually loaded.