@Dvorapa: would you please tell me how to do that? I am new to the PAWS
Mon, Apr 24
Please advice if usermerge or local usurpation is desired here.
Are you sure --ignorestatus works as you say @Dereckson. I think I remember it forced the job, which is what it seems it's requested here?
@Tgr worked on global rename as well IIRC. He might know how to unlock that "failed" local rename. Thanks for your thanks on me porting some docs to Wikitech. Stuck renames started being more frequent and I thought having some docs for all people able to run maintenance scripts would be good. Now, given that fixStuckGlobalRename does not unlock "failed" global renames, we should probably document on that page what to do in those cases as well.
Sun, Apr 23
Requeue the job and see if it goes forward?
Sat, Apr 22
Maybe unrelated but maybe @Kanashimi should ensure that such IRC logger ain't run on any channel where logging is not authorized. Probably needless to say but still :-)
Thu, Apr 20
Mon, Apr 17
Sun, Apr 16
After a month without reply from the operator I don't think we should continue that process to run so unsupervised when there are complains about how it is working.
Tue, Apr 11
In these days I've received several emails from people asking me not to continue with this request, that I should wait more, etc. I must thank those of you that either in public or privately have contacted me asking me for reasons and offering me help, etc. It was not expected. I am not sure if waiting more time will change my mind but I guess that for now I can stay and test the argument by those saying that waiting more could, maybe, make me see things different; specially because I provide bot services to some communities and halting them abruptly is not going to help them + since my bot runs with a cron I does not really take me a lot of time currently. I think that while not making heavy use of it, I can regain +2 on stewardbots just in case a quick tiny-little-fix is needed and access to the Labs projects is required to restart the bots when they go down. I don't think I'll make use of wikimedia/portals access so that can go (it was not suposed to get that complicated but that project is now full of stuff I have no idea how to work on, it was easier when we managed them via Meta). Similarly, I think that I'll halt for now my resignation of Wikitech permissions just in case I need them (and saw yesterday a couple of a new kind of spambots registering there...).
Sun, Apr 9
Please also have tools.maurelio and tools.mabot deleted. I won't be using them. Also, please remove my shell access to Labs as I won't need it anymore.
Sat, Apr 8
Thanks. Will also watch that upstream PR.
Hello @Krenair and thanks for your reply. Correct syntax would've been:
Thu, Apr 6
If you wish to, please proceed. I have very limited time this days to play
this cat and mice game. If common sense or basic rationality is not enough
of a reason to revert an obvious mistake I better invest my limited time
All galician editors and people who live in Galicia will know spanish as
first or second language. You can't pretend that portuguese enjoys the same
status when it is not spoken in Galicia, nor is it teached at galician
schools, nor it is similar to galician but to some words. Setting the
fallback to pt for gl on first place was a mistake. Galician is only spoken
at Spain and nowhere else, so you can't pretend that someone, ie, of A
Coruña or Lugo or Ferrol knows Portuguese, but they'll 99% surely know
Spanish. Very old people in rural areas who didn't went to school might
only know Galician, but those are very few people thankfully, as going to
school is mandatory in Spain since some decades already. Fallbacks are to
help editors undertand untranslated messages. It is of no help to have the
fallback set to a language that it is not that close nor is it spoken
there. Correcting obvious mistakes don't need discussion IMHO. Thanks.
Wed, Apr 5
@Aklapper: contentadmin permissions do indeed exist: https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikitech:Content_administrators & https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:ListGroupRights#contentadmin
Mon, Apr 3
I also think this is against the core principles and should be declined.
Sun, Apr 2
Cannot be done IMHO. Those are the global interwiki prefixes working for
700+ projects defined in the interwiki map. I think it is easier to teach
users to use s:zh: instead.
Thu, Mar 30
Sitenotice added. Suggest we close on the week of 10 April. There's no need to wait a month IMHO, and that way we will avoid the planned code-freezes, etc. If you think we need more time I don't object though.
Wed, Mar 29
Sounds like a good plan to me.
Tue, Mar 28
I do not know in which strange scenario a user will be able to remove a
right that cannot add themselves. If there's any, please share. Thank you.
As I have said elsewhere and TTO mentions, this was intentional as we don't
want users w/o the ability to revoke user groups to circunvent that
restriction setting the expiry to 1 sec. Thanks.
Obviously to allow customizing the edit summary. I ask because when I'm
running the script on my sysop account with no bot flag I'd like to
suppress the 'bot' mention on the deletion log summaries. Thanks.
Mar 26 2017
Indeed it now uses db-r1. Somewhat this is an advance since I can now tag for speedy deletion those broken redirects (I've created the template so it points to the actual deletion template); but maybe we should indeed add support so we can further customize the template in meta_family.py. Would it be hard to achive that? I'd appreciate if that could be done. Regards.
Mar 25 2017
Which template will the bot use now? If it's going to be db-r1 it does not
really solve the problem. Maybe is it possible to customize the template
Mar 21 2017
Mar 18 2017
I don't think we're accepting more FlaggedRevs install requests/deploying them in a timely fashion.
Until a better project is found.
Mar 16 2017
- since yesterday all wikis in small.dblist and group0.dblist have this extension enabled.
- the definition of small wiki is probably that the wiki is listed in the small.dblist database.
- text looks okay to me, although I'd prefer if @Legoktm could give the green light.
Maybe some docs should be posted at Wikitech about this for the future? Thanks!
@Base: problem is that the screenshots are rather small that I can't read the exception codes. If you could have them posted here that'll help the developer who wishes to investigate this. Thanks.
It is well consolidated doctrine from ours that editinterface permissions are only to be granted to different groups than sysops when a large community consensus and a need for them is shown. None of that concurrs on mai.wikipedia. See our current (incomplete) list of limits to configuration changes.
Mar 15 2017
Could you please post the exact error messages here so it could be investigated in Wikimedia-Logstash?
Using namespaceDupes.php is not very transparent as they it moves pages without leaving logs, etc. It is okay for focused tasks but in such a large run I'd say that if the script at least left a trace at the move log or somewhere else I'd be more confortable. cleanupTitles.php does leave such a trace though.