Fri, Nov 17
thank you both :)
Wed, Nov 15
Tue, Nov 14
Mon, Nov 13
Fri, Nov 10
TL;DR; We lost 11 days of data, and if we wait until the recentchanges data is deleted, the loss will be permanent. We may want to migrate to Hadoop before fixing this, because I'm not 100% sure how to fix it, but it is probably easy to fix.
Wed, Nov 8
Right. Apologies if my statement caused undue stress. At the time I made it, the servers were in such bad shape that we didn't even hope their replacement would ease the problem. But SSDs being awesome, it seems they bought us more time than we thought we had.
Tue, Nov 7
To add relevance to this, Wikistats 2.0 which will be launching soon, and is hosted on stats.wikimedia.org, is also using Vue.
Thu, Nov 2
Wed, Nov 1
Tue, Oct 31
Verified that @MusikAnimal is right, the 404 responses no longer include a bunch of headers, including:
@Amire80: any chance to review? I'd like to deploy the job to production and stop yours, it would save some cluster cycles if it indeed produces the data you need.
Thu, Oct 26
Mon, Oct 23
@leila: no changes have happened at all. However, we are working on migrating the logic to Hadoop this and next quarter. We'll keep this in mind so it makes the GII work easier if anything.
ooh, that's not good. I'll make a patch, thanks for the report.
Oct 18 2017
Oct 13 2017
Erik, I want to fix most of these things for the first launch, and most of them are easy to fix. I've already submitted a couple of patches. The only question I have is about the first thing you mention, the "All project families - All languages" text being too wide to fit. That one we could change but we might have wikis that are too long in there so Marcel did this nifty trick where if you hover over the textbox it will scroll to show you the content. I'm curious if you saw that and what you thought of it.
Oct 11 2017
For context, I just helped someone create a dataset based on webrequest data using an oozie job. It took me about three days. This would be slightly different because it's real-time, but we're talking days not weeks in terms of effort. And we're happy to help code/review the change, because like Andrew says, we could maybe sunset kafkatee support then.
Oct 5 2017
Ready to review, @Amire80. Please take a look at the table and SQL as they have changed a bit. I hope you find it to your liking and test out the sample data I put in there for October 1st:
Oct 4 2017
ooh, and the logo should have Nostalgia Mode as the subtitle when someone unlocks this.
Oct 3 2017
Sep 29 2017
It looks like this is now getting priority, so I'd like to get involved and set up a hopefully useful approach. Here's what I'm thinking:
Without the page id, it would be quite hard to do this. We're looking at allowing people to specify the page id, and having a separate API to find the page id based on different names. When we build that, we'll consider allowing namespace translations to be interchanged. But for the current version of the API, this change would be quite hard to implement, due to how we store the pageview data.
@fdans please create another task with what's left over from Erik's suggestions and reference it here. You can then merge this, it looks good to me. I'm a little torn on the gradient, but I leave it to you to decide.
In that case, let's merge this and move on, but I want to revisit that, it sounds like a bug in Vue, which should be diffing and patching the DOM, not updating it in real-time. Or a major bug in Semantic.
Limn was all about unifying all graph rendering - be careful going down that road, there are dragons. We can generalize a few things, though.
er... why did this include a ton of other changes? Anyway, let's talk tomorrow.
Sep 27 2017
Sep 26 2017
primary/replica, primary/secondary, master/doctor (HA!!!) are all fine alternatives. As others have pointed out, we might also have to change male/female electronic components and the master branch of git repositories. I fall on both sides of this issue, and it's so INSANELY complicated for something that matters very little to most of us, of which a vast majority wishes slavery or its horrible consequences never existed.
Also, I still have the same thought as I did in the comment I left on line 23.
Sometimes I get this widget without data problem when I go back to the Dashboard:
Ok, this looks good and looks to cover Marcel's very thorough review. I have a couple of thoughts, but I wouldn't block a deployment because of them.
Sep 25 2017
That looks nicer alongside the bars, fits better visually, well done!
Sep 22 2017
Sep 21 2017
While we do want to fix data when we have infrastructure problems, we want to approach this type of issue as a "Pageview definition" problem. So we are adding this to the broader category of improving bot identification and we will fix the pageview definition such that it excludes similar traffic in the future. But just like we didn't fix past pagecount data from 2007 - 2015 according to our new spider filtering, we didn't want to do it here either. We don't want to have different Pageview definitions being measured at the same time.
Sep 18 2017
Sep 16 2017
Funny enough, both this and D787 were needed to make the fixed width change work. But I think it's just 'cause of the svg.attr('width'). So I'll accept both and move to review. Now there's still a slightly annoying thing that the height is changing based on the labeling, so the time selector controls jump around a bit. This is minor, we can figure something out later.
Sep 13 2017
gotcha, editing comment