Tue, Nov 28
Summary of the conversation with @FRomeo_WMF.
Fri, Nov 24
The first draft is ready! https://docs.google.com/document/d/11tbILHn_5AbsOI3SjyNxD0dyU48FQTWu3yKCo3mpSuc/edit
Tue, Nov 21
Mon, Nov 20
@FRomeo_WMF thanks for creating this task! I scheduled some time to chat about this and share some ideas and explore possible options.
Wed, Nov 15
Skills matrix published: https://office.wikimedia.org/wiki/Team_interfaces/Research/Team#Skill_matrix
Oct 24 2023
Oct 18 2023
Oct 10 2023
Oct 9 2023
Oct 5 2023
Sep 29 2023
- We designed a draft of the extension of WikiStats that includes the new data from the KG Index
- Started thinking about the narrative we want to surface in the front page
Sep 20 2023
- Modify the Datasets page to link to resources to use the data - maybe use the WIkimania presentation page as starting point: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Knowledge_Gaps_Index/Wikimania2023
- Resolve this task!
Sep 15 2023
WIP document here. Most of the applications for knowledge gaps are wrapped up. Planning to wrap up the Knowledge Integrity connections by the end of next week.
- Work continues on the deployment of knowledge gaps API pipelines (subtasks of T331158)
No updates this week.
Sep 1 2023
End-of-internship poster with details of the approach was presented.
Aug 30 2023
Thanks @nickifeajika I changed the due date to the end of next month!
Hey @MunizaA thanks I just changed the due date to the end of next month. Thank you for all the work !
Aug 29 2023
@fkaelin is this on track to be resolved by Thursday? If not, we should probably change the due date?
@MunizaA hi! Just checking if this task is on a track to be delivered by Thursday, or do you need more time (due date on the task is Thursday) thanks!
@MunizaA hi! Just checking if this task is on a track to be delivered by Friday, or do you need more time (due date on the task is Friday) thanks!
@nickifeajika hi! Just checking if this is done and we can resolve the task, or do you need more time (due date on the task is tomorrow) thanks!
@fkaelin hi! Is this task resolved? Do you need more time or is August 31st still the deadline for this?
Aug 25 2023
This week, we primarily focused on looking at early evaluation results for the tool, as well as thinking about the immediate next steps to wrap up the internship.
@JTannerWMF I will send you the report once the student wraps up her internship!
Likewise, please let us know where we can follow update on around the iOS task!
Aug 24 2023
Aug 18 2023
- Discussed with the researchers evaluation methods for automated alt text generation
- We are still blocked on the deployment of the endpoint (T331159)
- Discussing ways for the knowledge gap index to be visualized outside of Wikistats
@YLiou_WMF @fkaelin hi! @DDeSouza might be able to support with this. For Daniel to be able to help out, we need to create a task using the following template: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13_AaBi07fUTzzF1gWxS9o_79twfYlyZR_oosMPeZy-s/edit
We should probably prioritize creating the task so that @DDeSouza can assess whether he can help for a pilot targeting Sept 18th.
Aug 17 2023
Aug 16 2023
Aug 15 2023
Aug 11 2023
- No updates
Aug 9 2023
Aug 8 2023
Aug 7 2023
Aug 4 2023
- Met with @tizianopiccardi + @JTannerWMF to kick of the alt text task work:
Aug 3 2023
Aug 2 2023
Aug 1 2023
@mfossati hey Marco, I am removing the Research Tag for now here, but if this requires further collaboration with Research please add it back or create a subtask! thank you!
HI @kostajh quick question: will you need any support from the Research team for this task?
Jul 28 2023
- Met with @JTannerWMF to figure out specs and timelines for a structured task on Android related to alt text
- Progress on designing overview diagrams for the architecture of a multilingual system for automated image captioning
Jul 25 2023
Jul 19 2023
Jul 17 2023
Jul 14 2023
Jul 13 2023
Thank you @fkaelin for this great summary! I will close this task for now as we have reached a conclusion about this specific topic.