Alternatively, we could not support 4-byte characters, and instead change the UI to prevent their input.
Do we know if there are any languages which use 4-byte characters?
Works well. I added some fields to the Test template on Commtech wiki for testing if anyone else wants to see this in action.
We are getting translations now but I don't see a good way to test this unless we deliberately try to make the bot post to a wiki. In case it fails, we'll be held responsible for posting on a wiki without a bot flag etc.
Thanks for your comments, Amir!
@Nikerabbit Looking at the video for the extension, it seems like the translation interface is not Special:Translate. Do you know if that integration was yet to be completed? It's also possible the video is outdated.
Mon, Aug 13
@MusikAnimal Does your PR fix this bug?
I like it. The colors could be more vibrant but this is good enough. :)
@Josve05a That's a good point. Thanks for filing the ticket. A couple of questions for you:
- How long does it typically take for the DR page to be created after the deletion template has been put on the image?
- Is it possible that an image gets deleted after getting the deletion notice without the nomination page ever being created? Does it happen for speedy deletions?
- If a user who is not the deletion-requester creates the DR page, what happens then?
Sat, Aug 11
Thanks for the fix, @Nikerabbit!
- Move unsaved rows to the top (below the invalid ones)
- The invalid rows have the red mark. ❗️
- The valid but unsaved rows have the yellow mark ⚠️ which on hover tells them that the participant is not saved.
- The valid and saved ones have the usual green mark.
And we tweak the wording to x participant(s) is/are invalid. Please edit or remove the invalid ones and re-submit the form to save all new participants. Check for incorrect spelling, capitalization and extra formatting.
Fri, Aug 10
Taking out the green ticks would probably not help because the valid but unsaved names are still lost between the valid but saved names. The problem is that we want two different kinds of distinctions here:
- Valid vs Invalid
- Saved vs Unsaved
Hmm, so there's no easy way to go through the list, pluck out the invalid ones and ask Doctrine to save the rest?
@Keegan For this task, I asked people to reach out to us using the project talk page. I am thinking we should send out a mass message to all the voters of this wish to let them know this is ready to go. Thoughts?
@MusikAnimal Huh, I didn't know I could customize the date format in my Mac!! I could have used it all these years instead of grumbling how people make dates unreadable all over the web. :/
I suppose there is no way to know if someone has intentionally set their date format a certain way rather than it being the default their OS was shipped with.
I'd lean to whichever is the easier to do - if showing Loading... on the event page and then redirecting to the events page is easier, let's do that. If using AJAX on the revision browser page is easier, let's do that. I agree it'll feel a bit faster if we use AJAX but it's not a compelling enough reason to do it if it's a lot more work.
@kaldari I'm wondering if this ticket ought to be estimated at all as it doesn't involve much code-work. Plus it cannot be done by one person alone.
Triaging this as low priority as it's somewhat rare to run into this unless you edit complicated templates very often.
@MusikAnimal Is this still an issue?
This is on hold until we have the extension deployed in test wiki.
Notes from our meeting a couple weeks back (I forgot to publish the draft (is that a pun?)):
- Sati mentions that African communities use this a lot (Florence mentioned it)
- Implications on English are big.
- But all wikis don't always have drafts. Some work in sandbox. We'll need to take that into account.
- Maybe let event organizer pick?
- Also need to consider FlaggedRevs wikis - articles created but not shown in interface.
All good questions, Alex.