I think so.
@MusikAnimal Found one bug so far:
The communications to the community part is mostly "automated". We've gone through that several times before, and we have a clear idea of what it entails, and it'd be totally doable even if we had just one person available right now.
It's automated only once we have the translations in. I'd appreciate it if someone can take up the task of writing up a message, getting it translated and posting it on village pumps across all projects.
We need to do the same for Central Notice banners.
Fri, Oct 12
@MusikAnimal Could you throw points on this? We should have put this through the estimation ideally.
I'm going to close this because we haven't heard any more complaints about this. If this happens again, please reopen with steps to reproduce.
Seems like the problems with Infobox officeholder (what is that??) are resolved. We can tackle others when we find them.
Works on staging. If we discover that it doesn't work on prod, we can reopen this.
Doesn't seem to be happening anymore.
Is this ready to go?
Number of items created is already being computed. See https://tools.wmflabs.org/grantmetrics/programs/2018_Black_Lunch_Table/Kickstarter_Art+Feminism_2018 for example.
Thu, Oct 11
Method—make a record at close of event: To track pages created and lost with perfect accuracy, we would have to make a record of all existing articles every time the data was updated and keep all the diffs for comparison. This is not practical for our system. Instead, we propose to automatically trigger a data update at the close of the event period and save a snapshot of extant articles at that time. All future statistics and reports will be compared to that.
If this ticket is being worked on, it should be put in the sprint with points.
@Prtksxna Flagging this for you. If anything in here can change based on Pau's feedback, let's discuss it tomorrow.
Wed, Oct 10
@Liuxinyu970226 The nature of this bug makes it seem like the underlying issue is the same. If it turns out to not be the case, I will split up the task.
@MaxSem Checking off the completed ones in the task description would help me keep track more easily. Thanks.
Tue, Oct 9
Tentatively putting this up for estimation. It needs a bit more discussion, I think.
We can do that as a first step, and later consider taking a page from VE's book and use parts of their language dialog that uses the OOUI interface with ULS' data only.
Mon, Oct 8
The more I think about the selection behavior, the more complex it appears to be. For example, the collapse template on enwiki can take a lot of text. See example on top of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Collapse. Say the wikitext is:
I really like the Circles (second) one in
Looks like this should be in the sprint.
Fri, Oct 5
Thu, Oct 4
I think this investigation has digressed into a different problem than the one I described in the task description.
Let me try to explain that more clearly: The problem is that sometimes a text label is broken up in the UI while it is meant to be a single phrase. This makes it harder to translate it properly. See the example I give in the task description ("Collective Municipality").
What I was hoping this investigation would do is to come up with a suggestion for the best way to mitigate this problem from the user's perspective. I proposed a couple solutions in the description. Are those plausible? Are there better ways to do this that I haven't thought of?
Too late for this task but we should also add docs for the new VPS system (like the Tools docs).
Wed, Oct 3
Got it. Fair point.
I think internally we should try and create issues here on Phab so we can keep track of work we're doing and estimate it etc. If volunteers create issues (rare), then we can mirror them on Phabricator if we are planning to work on them. If not, they can stay on Github.
Good catch, @Barbvd. I have included this bug in the other one you reported T206096: Inconsistent handling of missing Required values in TemplateWizard because I think they are connected. I will still keep this ticket open to discuss with engineers if these are separate bugs.
@Barbvd Thanks for filing this ticket. I can reproduce the bug and I think I found out how to reproduce this more accurately.
The fix has been merged and it mitigates the crash. The current state with the Search tab is that the global checkbox does not control activation/deactivation of that preference but it still "works". The preference is saved globally only when the checkbox is enabled.
CX also has SVG only - https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-extensions-ContentTranslation/tree/master/images
So having SVG only is probably okay.
Ah. Okay. Not CommTech then.