Thu, Sep 10
Hi, Roan. I think a slightly longer version is a good idea 🙂.
Mon, Sep 7
We don't have a separate tutorial or a page about updating articles. Are these blockers?
The Homepage suggests to users to read a page that explains what Wikipedia is and how it works. Any page is fine, as far as it is not cal for action (like https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomoc:Pierwsze_kroki does).
Aug 13 2020
Tutorial (Q915263) -- this seems wrong. It links to a historical tutorial.
Manual of style (Q4994848): https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomoc:Styl_%E2%80%93_poradnik_dla_autor%C3%B3w. More or less... We don't have such a large compendium as enwiki, but should be enough for beginners.
This is all done:
- Translate the interface (on translatewiki.net, needs a specific account)
- Translate the documentation
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Growth/Focus on help desk/Help panel (resource for newcomers)
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Growth/Tools and subpages (resource for mentors and newcomers)
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Growth/Communities/How to work with newcomers on help desks (resource for mentors)
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Growth/Communities/How to introduce yourself as a mentor (resource for mentors)
Aug 12 2020
The search bar looks better in this version, but the sidebar toggle looks awkward in this version. The toggle don't seem to be connected with the sidebar in any way. And also the icon ("<<") don't seem like something that you can naturally recognise as a menu thingy.
Jul 28 2020
Just a note -- same happens on pl.wiki on Vector2/Timeless. Firefox 78.
Jul 7 2020
Sorry. Almost immediately after posting I noticed that the problem is opened paragraph. And also inline template must be surrounded with a paragraph.
Jul 4 2020
Interface translation is done. Probably needs testing, but I finished all yesterday/today 🙂. Edit: just as a note - I just run the final mile. Did not want to suggest I did it all by myself 😊
Jun 29 2020
User forks a script or gadget in own user space
Jun 8 2020
Hi. There are still some false positives.
Jun 2 2020
Note: This task is about an issue that exists only in development (and maybe testing) environments but it doesn’t affect production websites. The issue is that when translating an article, user-defined categories are not saved properly, they are totally ignored.
Jun 1 2020
Nevermind. Seem to be a caching issue.
May 13 2020
That don't seem to be affected
Apr 19 2020
Yes, your assumption is correct -- I changed the refs in the translation tool.
Mar 22 2020
Mar 15 2020
Sorry, I thought that was universal. I guess "Advanced mode" setting is crucial here.
Mar 14 2020
Mar 2 2020
Not sure if its a duplicate. On my side the problem is different (I cannot load the translation, not save it).
Mar 1 2020
Jan 13 2020
Jan 7 2020
Nov 27 2019
I'm happy to say problems you describe don't exist 🙂. After a day of finding weird security bugs (in other companies) I'm happy to report this works as expected 😎.
Nov 21 2019
I understand that position on adding properties, but normally when something is not standardized its kind of experimental. When it's experimental and can change the name can still be different etc... But that is different here. The property worked everywhere from ages. It will not change. It is already implemented. So there are simply no risks of change.
To my knowledge using SVG in background image is safe. At least in that script will not be executed in that context. So the browsers actually does the check for you. You can do weird things (like fa* tags for graphic filters), things that can be heavy for users, but not strictly unsafe. At least not to my knowledge.
Nov 19 2019
If we allow forking these to user css/json/js pages, when merging back there could be edit conflicts considering another edit could have been merged and the user didn't pull. How would you suggest keeping a fork to user namespace be kept up to date, might need to keep track of diff changes - this gets complicated?
Nov 17 2019
I think what is needed is forking, not branching.
May 18 2019
Hi. I just fixed my tool on toolforge, but... Am I correct to assume that actor_user is null only for anonymous actors (IP)?
Apr 26 2019
Mar 6 2019
BTW. Might be a good idea to also add a link to skip the diff and go directly to the contents of the article (if someone doesn't have time to review changes).
Screen from some random article that awaits flagging
Feb 3 2018
Nov 25 2017
Original author of this request explicitly stated that "Wikimedia software does not allow external links; presumably for spam reasons; however, if the link is internal, it should be allowed (just as wikilinks are allowed)".
Oct 19 2017
Aug 29 2017
Feb 21 2017
I see this differently. Note that I'm using regexp. So when I match "(.+)" I get a selection on a link with quotes around it so parentheses should match HTML/wikicode that contains the link. In other words - $1 should contain markup equivalent of [[blah]]. If that would be possible to do you would get following cases:
Edited to correct two things:
Feb 18 2017
Feb 5 2017
Jan 27 2017
Nov 5 2016
I'm saying this happens very often on many pages. It's just not happening every time.
Nov 2 2016
Sep 9 2016
Jun 4 2016
This is caused by the fact that Resource Loader broken compatibility with old scripts (mostly because making order of custom scripts completely unpredictable). This is supposed to be fixed with Gadgets 2.0 also allowing creation of custom (user) gadgets. I'm not sure when is this coming and if it will deliver...
Jan 18 2016
OK, that seems to work now (also for new graphs), so probably temporary as you said.