- User Since
- Jan 6 2021, 1:39 PM (115 w, 22 h)
- LDAP User
- MediaWiki User
- OTichonova (WMF) [ Global Accounts ]
Tue, Mar 14
Thu, Mar 2
So for article description we don't need to display edit notices as Android doesn't display them either. We should however display blocked messages, abuse filters and page protection messages.
Tue, Feb 28
Mon, Feb 27
Wed, Feb 22
Sorry I missed this. As I am looking now and cannot find a Hebrew article with an edit notice, but I found one in Arabic where the text seems to be aligned to the wrong side as well. So edit notice in RTL languages seem to align left rather than right in the edit notice view.
Feb 16 2023
Hi @Tsevener, okay great to know.
Unfortunately that's an API limitation...
Okay no problem, do you think it would be possible to add a progress bar or keep the 'loading state' toast (shown below) until it is fully loaded?
Feb 15 2023
For the blocked message modal I have a couple questions:
So when I go on pages with edit notices I noticed 5 things:
- The first time I try to edit a page with an edit notice the keyboard would stay up and wouldn't come down so you couldn't see the full page. When I would exit out of the page and re-enter that wouldn't happen again. But the same thing would occur when I disabled the toggle, let the page, entered, enabled the toggle left and entered it again.
Feb 14 2023
Feb 13 2023
That sounds good to me!
It is similar to what I had for as a proposition for when the editor is blocked & the page is semi-protected in T313772.
Feb 12 2023
Feb 7 2023
Jan 31 2023
Jan 27 2023
Jan 26 2023
Jan 24 2023
Okay thank you for clarifying this.
Let's do full screen for edit notices (since they are more complex) and these older modals displayed above for the other alert message. I will update the designs for this today/tomorrow morning.
Okay, thanks for the screenshots!
I see. Just to clarify - are you proposing the full sheet modal just for the edit notice (because of the added complexity with the toggle and icon and text etc.) or for all the warning messages? Because the edit notice being a full sheet modal is not ideal would be okay as long as the other warning messages can be displayed via a modal.
Jan 23 2023
Yeees, there has been that change. I decided to go with the modal rather than the full sheet because:
- These notices shouldn’t really fill the whole screen and block the whole page. On web they are displayed in a popover underneath the icon while on mobile web they are displayed as a modal. So I wanted to display it in a way where they do not block the whole screen.
- To my understanding on iOS we have full sheet modals, sheets (for actions), alerts and action sheets to display information. In light of working on standardising our alerts/notices in the app this google sheet was created a couple months back. I have added another ‘modal’ type component that would allow us to display important information and leave the full sheets for onboarding and introducing new features (like in notifications).
The question I have is - are there other modal type solutions that we could use in this case that would be simpler to implement?
Jan 20 2023
Answers to the question below can be found in the description at the top of the ticket. Let me know if more information is needed!
Also just want to confirm that it only controls the automatic presentation of the alert modal once the editor appears (it does not power the visibility of the toolbar button), correct?
- user lands on editor for the FIRST time (i.e. they have never had an opportunity to see toggle) and there is an edit notice
- user lands on editor for the SECOND or more time, there is an edit notice, and their toggle setting is ON
- user lands on editor for the SECOND or more time, there is an edit notice, and their toggle setting is OFF
- user lands on editor and there is no edit notice
Jan 18 2023
Jan 16 2023
Dec 1 2022
Nov 11 2022
Small UI change:
Could we increase the size of the icons in the toast to 22pts? And decrease the distance between the icon and the text to 12pts?
When testing I noticed two things:
- Under 'Share' the airdrop option for some reason doesn't open the talk page but opens a warning message instead (for en talk pages and other languages). Sending the link via email or what's app worked.
Nov 10 2022
Hi @Dbrant, thanks!