Thu, Aug 4
I am following up from Tuesday's meeting (in regards to replying to another comment in the thread when people are already writing a reply in a reply card)
- Looking through different apps I saw that they allow people to jump from responding from one comment to another by keeping the reply card open and just highlighting the new comment they are replying to (I don't think we should do this) but this made me lean away from disabling the other reply buttons in the thread behind the card.
- I would have people be able to scroll and tap on the other reply buttons -> this would trigger an action sheet asking whether they would like to discard their current reply or keep editing -> then the reply is either discarded or they keep editing.
- I wonder if the contributor taps to reply to a different comment, and then chooses to discard their current reply, could we pop a new reply card with the new 'Reply to [new username of the new comment]' (this way they wouldn't have to return to the full thread and tap on the new reply again)
Tue, Aug 2
- I changed the icon for this giftcard icon for now. I'll double-check with other designers if this icon is appropriate but I don't think we should stick with the apple logo.
Hi @Tsevener, thanks for the clarification.
I think suppressing it until the call goes through makes sense.
Awesome thank you for the comments/questions.
- Right, I am just slightly worried that putting the login/signup as they land on the page might a) have people think that they have to login to engage with the page b) and create an extra barrier for people to utilize the page. How much more complicated is it to save a draft of the text?
- Okay sounds good.
- Hmm so for this one I am still thinking what to do. For me, it is more logical to have the topics newest to oldest, but web does it the other way around. I will like to test this in the next usability test to make sure that editors/new contributors prefer that before changing it. Android has discussed this too and has added a sort option for the topics. So all that to say, lets keep it oldest to newest for now and I'll run it past the editing team to see if there is any particular reason why we should keep it like this.
Wed, Jul 27
Tue, Jul 26
Mon, Jul 25
Fri, Jul 22
Another contributor reported this issue
Thu, Jul 21
Mon, Jul 18
Fri, Jul 15
Jul 8 2022
Jul 7 2022
Jul 6 2022
Hi @Tsevener! Thanks for your notes.
- Loading state: Using the existing blue progressive loading bar would work and will be consistent with other times a page is loading the app.
- Error state with no fallback:
- Error state when subscribing/unsubscribing:
- Just to clarify, by 'state might be inaccurate' are you saying it will show that the person has subscribed and show the confirmation snack bar, but when they reload the page the topic will still be unsubscribed?
Jun 30 2022
Jun 21 2022
Jun 17 2022
Okay, thank you!
I received the previous comment and the images did not show up.
Okay, thank you for trying again, unfortunately, the phab bug persists. Running through it live would be great, (or sending the images via email?), whichever is easier.
Jun 16 2022
@EMartin Hi Evelyn,
Thank you! So to re-clarify all the points mentioned above must be included?
Also due to a phab thing (T310833), I cannot see the attached images. Would it be possible for you to make the images viewable to the public?
I think this would reveal them, but not sure "if you want to make images viewable to everyone, go to the phabricator file URL, Select Edit file and set “Visible To: Public (No Login Required)” in order to make it publicly viewable."
Since we are adding a
New Settings item near the top with "Donate Via Apple Pay"
(as mentioned above). Once the contributor taps on this option they will be taken to a new modal/page. On this page how much information has to be carried over from the web version?
Jun 14 2022
Jun 9 2022
Jun 6 2022
Jun 3 2022
May 24 2022
Thank you so much @Dmantena ! I'll check it out tonight/tomorrow morning. Excited to look into it!
May 18 2022
May 10 2022
Apr 29 2022
Apr 26 2022
Apr 11 2022
Apr 8 2022
Apr 4 2022
From Znuny: https://ticket.wikimedia.org/otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentTicketZoom;TicketID=12145096
Hello, I noticed an issue: if I use Wikipedia app in dark mode some images like this signature are not visible. They’re just black like the background. See this screenshot for details. https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elton_John?wprov=sfti1
From Znuny: https://ticket.wikimedia.org/otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentTicketZoom;TicketID=12144902 Hello, I’ve been experiencing a bug on the Wikipedia’s iPhone and iPad app that when you’re editing a “Quick Facts” information box, sometimes when inputting new text the text editor may randomly jump to the next line.