Jun 23 2020
@RHo hi, as I just checked the bug is still here. I try it in 2 browsers:
- Google Chrome: latest, Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- Cốc cốc - it's a local browser in Vietnam: lastest, Version 86.0.172 (Official Build) (32 bit)
May 15 2020
Viwiki, discussion thread posted
May 1 2020
Here's the link to the video: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Suggested_edits_module.webm
Please add subtitles to it, thank you!
Apr 18 2020
Viwiki, no mentor removed. One mentor didn't actively respond to newcomer's questions, but I want to give him more time. I'll consider removing him next month if no response was shown.
Apr 4 2020
How many questions come from the help panel to your help desk per day/week?
Yesterday viwiki had 3 questions, and this week we had 12 questions from the help panel. While this whole week we only had 1 question not from the help panel.
In March 2020 we had 42 questions.
Feb 29 2020
Feb 28 2020
I'm done on my part.
Feb 22 2020
@Halfak Also in "Culture.Linguistics" which is supposed to be "About languages, grammar, dialects", there are many results of disambiguations of names. I don't think I'd want disambiguations of names if I selected Linguistics, or any disambiguations at all. What do you think?
Feb 19 2020
Okay here are my comments about the algorithm:
- As @Dyolf77_WMF has mentioned, the suggestion is made not for the first word to appear. But I still marked it done with acceptable word.
- Many important and specific words are not linked, but the algorithm instead chooses to link very general words that have no reason to be linked.
- Break words when linking, sometimes they leaves out the words that exist in the article name too ("bệnh ung thư vú", but link only "bệnh ung thư" while we have the article "bệnh ung thư vú"), sometimes it combines and links word in a wrong way ("thỏa mãn tính tò mò" (satisfy (thỏa mãn) the curiousity (tính tò mò), the algorithm combine "mãn" and "tính" (yeah, "mãn tính" has a meaning too) and link it, even though each of the words belong to other words).
- Link to the wrong article: the phrase and the article are about two entirely difference matters.
Feb 17 2020
Feb 15 2020
Vietnamese is finished.
Feb 1 2020
@MMiller_WMF It's okay now, please help me move them. Sorry for being this late...
Jan 20 2020
After sending out mass-messages asking experienced editors to become new mentors as @Trizek-WMF and I have agreed to do, we have 2 more editors registering to be mentors. So now Vietnamese community have a total of 7 active mentors.
Jan 19 2020
Jan 18 2020
- Both desktop and mobile version are still missing some translations. Also I have some translations I want to change, can I?
- The result articles are off-topic by half. I'm working on my seed article list again, please wait...
- I have just realized that some times along the way the Vietnamese seed article list have become incorrect: In the Json list, the Science tab has now been labeled "Địa lý" (Geography) with Geography's seed articles. So now (1) there's no science label and science seed articles; (2) there's no geography tab.
Jan 14 2020
Picked art again and here are the result:
- Tượng sống: Living statue, good
- Nghệ thuật Hy Lạp cổ: Ancient Greek art, good
- Bố cục tạo hình: err, don't know the English word but it's art-related, good
- Kiến trúc Tân cổ điển: Neoclassical architecture, good
- Nghệ thuật Gothic: Gothic art, good
- Hoàng Hải (nghệ sĩ cải lương): Hải is a singer but of a Vietnamese modern folk opera genre, so I think this one's half good? Still art-related if you consider singing is art ("art" in Vietnamese is "nghệ thuật", which does include singing, but in my personal impression "art" itself in English doesn't...)
- Amanda Strydom: a singer too
- Chủ nghĩa biểu hiện: expressionism, good
- Du lịch Paris: Tourism in Paris, off-topic
- Doraemon (hoạt hình): it's... an anime, can you call it art? Half good.
Jan 13 2020
Selected arts and got the following:
Jan 10 2020
Jan 7 2020
Jan 5 2020
Dec 27 2019
I'm done. The funny thing is I can't think of any phrases or words that should be linked but isn't. I guess it's because those articles are too short, there's not enough option. And somehow out of the 5 articles of Vietnamese, the Algorithm (or somebody) picked one having only 1 sentence...
Nov 21 2019
It's the same in the desktop version now...
Nov 20 2019
@MMiller_WMF Sorry Marshall but that is the only way if you want to include the "by reader". The "4 visits (last 60 days)" would be "4 lượt ghé thăm (60 ngày qua)" which is a little bit shorter compared to "4 lượt xem bởi người đọc (60 ngày qua)". I think that using visits would be fine too.
Nov 10 2019
I've finished my part for viwiki. Nothing's incorrect.
Nov 8 2019
Nov 7 2019
Nov 2 2019
@MMiller_WMF: After taking a look at several articles having that template, I'm not sure it's suitable for newcomer. This template is too general: articles that
- have non-wiki structure/format (like here, or this over-quoted one);
- are poorly written or translated that makes no sense (like here or here);
- use bullet point just too much even though it perhaps should be written like a prose (like here or here);
- have sections that are too long or too short (like here or here);
- according to me are rather fine but somehow has the template on them (like here or here, only that this one is a stub)
Oct 31 2019
I've done on my part.
Oct 29 2019
@Trizek-WMF um no, it seems there're still templates that I haven't listed yet. But I guess I'm more than half done :D
@MMiller_WMF, we are also blocked by the editor itself. conserning inserting languages, several languages go with wikimarkup first. Other go with visual editing first. A third group provides both options. Non of them provide an overview of all possibilities (including the fact that yu need to add the image to Commons first -- with copyright issues), with a simple tutorial.
@MMiller_WMF Can you somehow give us an example of the Copyediting one in English Wikipedia?
Oct 19 2019
Oct 18 2019
Regarding the link for creating a new article, here is the one on the help panel: Help:Editing, but this one focuses solely on guiding how to edit in general. If you specifically need a link for creating articles, here it is: Help:Your first article.
Done for now.