Sat, Jan 18
I think this is not ubn. Why not disable the test?
Thu, Jan 16
wait... I can just write a travis job and then I will be notified if something broke post merge. theoretically not optimal but in practice almost as good for this little extension.
@hashar @Jdforrester-WMF is there anything I can contribute to get the php unit tests running for new patches uploaded to gerrit? Was there any progress to allow self-serviced test setups a la travis?
Seem to be a typo in Ib6c3044603ead1a58b63a4468c525820331ca565
The fact that MathSearch is currently disabled in Jenkins is not optimal. See ,e.g., T242957
Tue, Jan 14
The changes could be merged by basically all WMDE and WMF employees. I have not looked into the special requirements to backport changes and there might be good reasons not to merge certain changes.
I have no permissions to do that.
@Theklan for me it works when I am logged in as well. Can you try to identify why this problem occurs? For example change your settings disable gadgets, try another wiki or another account and try to understand when this problem occurs and when it does not. Thank you.
Mon, Jan 13
For me it worked also when I was logged in. Maybe this can be determined in a separate ticket.
works for me in a private firefox window (not logged in). maybe it is a caching issue?
It is available in all languages. Only the guide https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Displaying_a_formula#Semantics_and_Links might not yet be translated.
Sun, Jan 12
Wed, Jan 1
Dec 29 2019
In it's default configuration Extension:Math does not use a database. There might be an issue in the interaction between Math and VisualEditor or Math and Wikibase. Can you provide more information on the error. Otherwise it will be hard to help here.
Dec 28 2019
I am seeing similar problems on test.wikidata.org
I checked this today. And it, unfortunately, does not work as expected.
` curl -X POST "https://en.wikipedia.org/api/rest_v1/media/math/check/tex" -H "accept: application/json" -H "Content-Type: multipart/form-data" -F "q=%"
does not show any warnings. I need to look at this again:-(
The entire endpoint was removed from https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/w/api.php
Dec 26 2019
All these languages seem to be main (dash free) variants of languages with variants.
public static $languagesWithVariants = [ 'en', 'crh', 'gan', 'iu', 'kk', 'ku', 'shi', 'sr', 'tg', 'uz', 'zh', ];
Dec 25 2019
Dec 24 2019
@Mainframe98 my issue occurred on the latest master...
Dec 17 2019
If someone makes a PR I will review it.
I have no objections. But please do not point to the mathoid https://mathoid.beta.math.wmflabs.org since I am using that one for testing of new features.
Dec 14 2019
However, I could find a simple workaround for this problem https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/extensions/MathSearch/+/557211/2/includes/MlpEvalForm.php
Dec 13 2019
@mobrovac I don't know what to do. Closing for now. Maybe the error is not longer present.
I don't see that there is anything that can be done from within the math extension.
- Some background information:
Dec 12 2019
Upgrading mathjax node is a major issue and needs rigours testing of all features. Maybe you can cherry pick that feature to mathoid-mathjax-node. Can you also try to render the example at hand with latex so that we have a reference and can compare how this is supposed to be with regular latex rendering?
Dec 11 2019
To me, it sounds most reasonable to switch the API as outlined in T240458 as the next step. From there we can decide if we continue with the popups extension or just use a custom solution. This could then start as a gadget or beta feature. I liked tippy a lot, which I used for a research project. But the API is very handy and its really easy to implement.
Great thank you. That was the information I was looking for.
@Tgr it does not seem so straight forward to identify someone who feels responsible for the Page-Previews extension.
@Andreg-p just reported that might be caused by the API endpoint. This endpoint is currently not used by the popups extensions. And maybe we should convert it to the new REST API as suggested by @Tgr in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T239357#5698243.
@Pchelolo do you know of one can conditionally expose endpoints, or should we just return a 404 if Wikibase is unavailable?
Dec 10 2019
Ah sorry the link pointed to the incorrect file (the util file, that determines the required packages). You want to change the rendering file
Nov 30 2019
I realized that the situation is pretty much described in Section 5.3.1 in the project management page. Is it possible to create a second board for math and move the columns n>4 to the new board?
Nov 28 2019
@Libattery so you are doing the following regexp replacements
I guess the code is still deployed. Is there a way to manually load the module for the specialpage?
Edit: ah, the thing that changed recently would be this:
This explains why we don't see it in our local dev setup.
Nov 27 2019
Maybe an option would be to create Tracking tasks. I tried that with T239367 and it seems there is also a role that is allowed to bulk-edit tasks in one column. Maybe one could batch make the following tasks
subtasks of T239367 The other alternative would be to create more components such as "New TeX macro proposals"
Thank you. After reading this I am honestly not sure if the subproject approach is the way to go. The project board has now two kinds of columns and is very wide. While it is good to have groups of bugs with a similar topic I think it is better to have the lifetime represented on the board and have bugs mainly travel from left to right.