I just want to stand on land.
- User Since
- Oct 9 2014, 1:53 AM (316 w, 1 h)
- IRC Nick
- LDAP User
- MediaWiki User
Mon, Oct 26
Thu, Oct 15
Mon, Oct 12
Wed, Oct 7
Tue, Oct 6
@dom_walden could you look at this task description and tell us what from this not happening at the moment?
Mon, Oct 5
Some issues that I am seeing:
- When you tab to a Username cell, the ellipsis button is hidden and you can't tab to it (or its menu)
- When something is pinned, no other cells show the ellipsis button when focussed
@dom_walden, is the 'tab-stuck' behaviour happening on all skins?
Thu, Oct 1
Sounds good, thanks @Volker_E. We'll stick to changing only the opacity for now :)
Wed, Sep 30
Volker, I was under the impression that using a color instead of opacity would be better because:
- We won't be introducing a new gray, and will be limited to what is defined in the style guide.
- On different background colors (especially darker ones) the black icon with opacity won't be visible, but gray would.
Sep 28 2020
Sep 23 2020
Sep 21 2020
Probably low priority, but would like to propose:
- Panels / Fieldsets
- Dialog - Hover cards / Page previews
- Success / Warning / Error / Info notices
Wow, that was fast!
Sep 17 2020
Hey @Jdlrobson 🙋🏾♂️! We are trying to figure out how the star animation would work with temporary watching. In conversation, @dmaza just pointed out that on mobile, when a page is watched, the star rotates every time the page is refreshed. I wanted to know if this was intentional and what the reason behind this was.
Sep 16 2020
Sep 14 2020
Sep 7 2020
This is what I see on mobile at the moment:
Sep 2 2020
Yep, getting rid of #7 makes sense. I mostly see #2 or #6 spinning any way. The only way to see #7 (for me on Chrome on MacOS) is to click the star so that it starts spinning and click somewhere else so that it loses focus.
Aug 31 2020
Aug 27 2020
Aug 26 2020
The watchlist popup’s elment isn’t added right after the star icon (in the DOM of the page). This means that there are several elements that the user has to tab through (in 5 seconds) to be able to reach the dropdown. This is not good for keyboard accessibility.
Aug 25 2020
@Samwilson What do you make of the PDF downloads? I thought the current PDF link goes to Electron, and there is no way to get a PDF except by using the tool directly. Could these be coming from French and Bengali?
Aug 24 2020
All rows with same matching UA/IP are highlighted (not just the one cell). The cell being highlighted in darker yellow (#fc3?) and the rest of the cells in the row are the lighter shade (#fef6e7?)
Aug 21 2020
Here is the half filled star.
Aug 20 2020
Updated T259775: Improve call to action in block drawer with the corresponding actions.
Aug 19 2020
The button Take me to another page would go to Special:Random. I am not happy with that label. Suggestions are welcome!
Updated T259774: Improve messaging of block drawer with these changes.
Yeah, I agree @Tchanders. Let's go with IP address.
Aug 18 2020
Thank you so much for doing this @Tchanders 🙏🏽This is really helping me understand all the permutations.
Aug 12 2020
Video on commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Introduction_to_Special_Investigate.webm
English subtitles - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/TimedText:Introduction_to_Special_Investigate.webm.en.srt
Aug 11 2020
Noting some of the resources I am looking at (so that I don't lose track of them):
- If you don't do anything the popup disappears in ~5 seconds
- The popup disappears when hovering over it (I could swear it sometimes stays when you hover)
- The popup disappears when the dropdown is open (I could swear it sometimes stays when the dropdown is open)
- The popup disappears when a link or form element is in focus
- Clicking outside the popup doesn't dismiss it
- Clicking on the popup (anywhere but the link or the dropdown) dismisses it
Is this what you see too?
Aug 10 2020
- the user has selected temporary watch for a reason & can see the temporary watch status on the page already,
Yes. The status of their selection isn't visible in the form and dropdown. This selection could have been made a long time ago, thus the confusion.
Based on @cwylo's findings I suppose we'll have to have all the search functionality that CU has right now.
- We'll need to OOUI-ify the form
- The initiator and target radio is a bit confusing, especially since clicking initiator doesn't change the first text fields label
Thanks for sharing the screenshots @dom_walden. This looks good.
Aug 6 2020
In today's engineering meeting we discussed:
- We should keep the drawer
- It should show a text version of the reason if its available.
- If a text reason is not available we'll show a link to see the full reason. We didn't decide whether the link will take the user to a new page or an expanded version of the drawer
- The reason field doesn't always have a reason, for example the template for anonblock.
- As @Esanders points out in his comment it is important to tell the user what actions they can take.
Aug 5 2020
Would disabling pointer events on the overlay help? I don't know how the event stuff works though.