Community Liaison for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons.
- User Since
- Jul 3 2017, 9:56 AM (28 w, 5 d)
- LDAP User
- MediaWiki User
- SandraF (WMF)
Wed, Jan 17
Thu, Jan 11
A summary and response has been provided: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Structured_data/Get_involved/Feedback_requests/Renaming_%27captions%27_and_%27descriptions%27
Tue, Jan 9
Mon, Jan 8
- The first feedback processes for Structured Commons are in place! See https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Structured_data/Get_involved
- There's now a lively community focus group for Structured Commons: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Structured_data/Get_involved/Community_focus_group
- A GLAM focus group is in the making, and will be extended by the GLAM team at the Wikimedia Foundation: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Structured_data/Get_involved/GLAM_focus_group
Adding GLAM, because some of the tools are quite relevant to GLAM work.
Discussion is still ongoing at this moment; needs to be summarized and acted upon this month. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Structured_data/Get_involved/Feedback_requests/Renaming_%27captions%27_and_%27descriptions%27
Wed, Jan 3
The survey was concluded; results are listed publicly here: http://www.allourideas.org/commonswdtools/results
Tue, Jan 2
I recently listed and researched GLAM-, Commons- and Wikidata-oriented tools in the context of Structured-Data-Commons (see T180197: [Epic] Support needed changes to volunteer tools for Wikimedia Commons and Wikidata that will benefit from operating with structured data on Commons). FWIW, I also categorized these myself in order to be able to group them better by functionality and their place in general workflows on Commons and Wikidata. Categories I outlined are:
- get source media / metadata
- source data cleaning
- matching with Wikidata
- media upload
- data upload
- "enhance - categorization"
- admin / moderation
- curation / organization
- bulk / quick editing
- generate attribution
- statistics (Commons)
- statistics (Wikidata)
- reuse / visualization
Fri, Dec 22
Dec 21 2017
The page is running now, and the feedback process can run continuously here (anyone can keep adding examples), so I'm lowering priority again.
Dec 19 2017
@Sadads and I have created a basic plan for this (internal Google document + planning spreadsheet). Tasks that are defined there, will start to appear on Phabricator soon.
The newsletter was distributed! Here it is: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Structured_Data_on_Commons/Newsletter/2017-12-13
Dec 18 2017
Dec 12 2017
Dec 11 2017
Dec 8 2017
I'm preparing an input page for this, which will be mentioned in T179328: Structured Commons newsletter - Nov-Dec 2017 edition.
A bit more background from @Ramsey-WMF:
Dec 7 2017
The FAQ will always be unfinished, but the (updated) basics are there, so closing this task.