Nov 13 2016
Although I would have loved to have worked under Outreachy, it's alright if it's not so. @Mvolz Would it be alright if I could take up this task regardless and complete atleast 2/3rds of it?
Oct 24 2016
Hi @01tonythomas ,
I don't think that this criterion should be a problem for me because:
- We have winter vacations through all of December and January, this implies that I will be able to dedicate my time wholly and completely for 8/13 weeks.
- As for the remaining 5 weeks, an average semester holds 28 credits, the eighth semester (last semester) holds 24 credits, out of which 8 credits are dedicated to a research project. Therefore, since a major chunk of the semester will be flexible to my timings and needs. This means that I have rigid subjects weighing 20 credits (theory + practical subjects). Out of this, I have only 3 theory subjects weighing 4 credits (as opposed to 5 theory subjects in every semester), the rest is a mix of a mock-paper presentation/seminar and practicals. I can handle this work pressure quite smoothly.
- The general pattern of the college syllabus is such that the main weight of the syllabus kicks in after the mid-semester mark has passed (after the passage of the mid-semester exams). This point occurs in the third week of March, well after the completion of the Outreachy internship.
Oct 17 2016
Thanks, I've updated the application likewise.
- Translations for the documentation will not be a problem. I think I can pull off doing translations to French also (and Sanskrit, but that wouldn't be very practical)
- Wouldn't the documentation be present as a wikipedia page?
- What about screenshots? Sorry, I didn't really understand that point
- The plug-in documentation exists but not on a wikipedia page, right. When I mentioned the plug-in documentation I mean to document it on a wikipedia page
Oct 16 2016
I tried entering another article from the same website clarksville.com only to come to the same result; the author is still mistaken for the date. Here is my output from citoid.wikimedia.org
Oct 15 2016
Oct 8 2016
I went through the documentation about Zotero, and even made a translator halfway (using the browser plug-in). I have experience in (non-)technical editing, so I think I will be comfortable with documenting the whole process. I am in the final year of college but I have my college vacations from Dec to mid Feb i.e. approximately 10-11 weeks of vacations that coincide with the Outreachy internship period, so I can easily give 40+ hours to it.
I have started working on the microtask T95128, but I needed some direction, can you please guide me with that?
Oct 5 2016
Oct 16 2015
Oct 11 2015
Oct 8 2015
I am interested in working for this project. I would like to know more about it albeit from a novice point of view. Also, I see that it is listed under the Missing mentors board, I was wondering what could be done about that. :)