There's a separate task for enabling this on testwiki (T239936), so we can move this on to QA.
Mon, Dec 2
- Show an autocomplete menu containing the current input, if the input is a valid IP address or range
No drop down menu appears for IP addresses. It adds a tag for the IP address/range the user has entered, regardless of whether it is a valid IP address (e.g. "192.168.1.300"). See below also.
Fri, Nov 22
Thu, Nov 21
@dbarratt 1-5 are already done in https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/extensions/CheckUser/+/552269/
Mon, Nov 18
@dbarratt See screenshots in T237034#5661181 and @Prtksxna's reply in T237034#5670732 - we've removed the help text for the User and Reason widgets to make it less busy, and made the placeholder text more informative instead
I am quite sure that the user/ip field doesn't need help text, nor does the reason field. What do you think?
The checkbox will definitely need some help text and I think its best if it is visible all the time.
Thu, Nov 14
Wed, Nov 13
Tue, Nov 12
Proposed acceptance criteria in more detail:
- Name tbc
- If config is set to unavailable, the special page URL points to a page with the title "No such special page" (similar to Special:Mute)
- If config is set to available:
- Unblocked user with 'checkuser' right sees the page title and a submit button that does nothing
- Blocked user with 'checkuser' right sees a user blocked error (similar to Special:CheckUser)
- User with 'checkuser' right sees the special page listed at Special:SpecialPages under the section "Users and rights" (similar to Special:CheckUser)
- User without 'checkuser' right sees a permissions error
Fri, Nov 8
Thu, Nov 7
Note that RawAction is not a blockable action (requiresUnblock returns false).
Wed, Nov 6
Tue, Nov 5
Nov 5 2019
Nov 4 2019
For testing/reviewing, note also there are some complications with undeleting and partial blocks: T219305#5067588
This isn't caused by partial blocks; a sitewide blocked user trying to undelete a page will see the same message. But it would be good to fix, since it's confusing.
Nov 1 2019
Oct 31 2019
- Block message reports the blocking user as "MediaWiki default", which may be confusing
@Niharika It can be a username but it's not guaranteed to be. In this example, the text was created by CentralAuth, which concatenates some prefix (Global) with the username (Admin), but other extensions can do it differently. We're not in control of the text - it's passed in as a block constructor option.
Oct 30 2019
Oct 29 2019
Should note that MobileFrontend currently sometimes throws a JS error in parseBlockInfo:
Proposed appearance for the three different types of block creators:
Oct 28 2019
@Volker_E - and for posterity:
Also, why is the secondary label for the radio buttons intended, is this Special:Block specific or an upstream bug?
GlobalBlocking is documented to be able to block IP ranges: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:GlobalBlocking and is certainly used that way, e.g.: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:GlobalBlockList
Oct 25 2019
Oct 24 2019
@Krinkle The patch that it's fixing is also on wmf.2 so have cherry-picked to both (https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/core/+/541074/)
The reason provided for the global block was [...]