Jan 10 2020
Jan 22 2019
Jan 17 2019
Thanks once again, @MarcoAurelio . I didn't know that we had started editing the release notes file in the same patch as the code.
Jan 16 2019
Thanks, @MarcoAurelio . Who can merge this?
Jan 14 2019
No, only template and template_talk. May I add a patch?
Oct 13 2018
At present we don't have an admin on the Konkani Wikipedia who would be able to do this, so I would appreciate if a steward could implement it for us.
Oct 12 2018
@MarcoAurelio, per T40863, we would like to have the ShortURL link with the grey share icon and tooltip instead of the link being displayed below the page title (i.e. we would like to have it the way it is in the Hindi Wikipedia). Since it seems that T40863 will take some time to materialise, please could you implement this in the Konkani Wikipedia?
Thanks @MarcoAurelio, that was fast. In fact, it's one of the fastest I've seen a task resolved on Phabricator. :)
Oct 11 2018
Apr 3 2018
Nov 16 2017
Apr 25 2017
Thank you :)
Apr 8 2017
There was a bugfix to 2.18 and the latest version available is now 2.18.1
Mar 29 2017
Mar 12 2017
Feb 7 2017
Thanks to all of you for your help. :)
3 out of the 4 patches have been merged.
The only remaining patch is https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/335030
Does anyone have any information regarding this file?
Feb 4 2017
Feb 2 2017
Feb 1 2017
Jan 31 2017
Jan 30 2017
@TTO, I found 4 files that still contained the old names and created patches for them that need to be reviewed and merged
Thank you @KartikMistry
@KartikMistry , thanks for merging. Do you know when the change will go live in ULS in Wikipedia?
@Aklapper , please could you assign this to someone from the ULS team to merge the patches? Thanks.
Aug 26 2016
Aug 5 2016
Aug 2 2016
Thanks everyone. I will wait for the second patch to go live and then close the task.
Jul 4 2016
What I wanted to highlight with this bug report was that the pages with curid 8343 and 8344 should not exist in the first place. Did these pages get created due to a known issue or a user error?
Jul 3 2016
Jul 2 2016
Jun 7 2016
@Aklapper , do these have anything to do with it:
May 15 2016
May 4 2016
Apr 19 2016
Please could someone take up this task? Thanks :)
Apr 7 2016
Mar 19 2016
Mar 18 2016
Thanks a lot @Catrope for your efforts! Cheers :)
No problem, Catroupe. Try pinging me if you want me on IRC, and if possible, I'll join. The most likely time-slot that I'll be available is 13:30 UTC to 18:00 UTC.
Mar 17 2016
Thanks Catrope. I'll be available from 13:30 UTC onwards today until around 18:00 UTC.
Mar 16 2016
- There hasn't been much discussion on any user talk pages recently (say in the last 3 months), what little discussions have happened are not active anymore.
- There is almost no discussion existing on any article talk page, right from the beginning.
- Among project talk pages, there has been significant amount of discussion on our main community discussion page, and some of those discussions are still ongoing. This is one of the pages that we really want to have in Flow format, because most of our members have difficulty with the syntax and style for indentation, etc. How best do you think we can manage the transition for this page? Is it possible, just for the last few discussions, to copy-paste the wikitext under separate flow topics?
Thanks Trizek and Catrope.
Will all the talk and discussion pages be converted to flow or just be archived?
There's no problem if you just archive them, because there aren't many active discussions. However, on the community page https://gom.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:समाजाचे मुखेल पान , there are several open discussions. If you could convert just the topics on this page beginning from February 2016 into Flow, that would be great!
Mar 9 2016
Can be used for code review
@Aklapper, no, I did not discuss with Amire80. The only reason I assigned this task to him is because he had helped with a similar request (T109182) in the past. Feel free to change the assignment. Thanks for your note.
Mar 1 2016
Thanks, Trizek. In the meantime, we will try to do some translations.
Feb 29 2016
Hi @Trizek-WMF, we can have a trial page if you want or if the process demands, but I had posted links to a Flow-enabled page in the English Wikipedia and to the Wikimedia Sandbox in my proposal, so people have got the idea of what it is, so I don't think it is necessary.
Feb 9 2016
- Reference: Ethnologue calls gom as 'Konkani, Goan'
- "Goan Konkani" has been translated into Goan Konkani by the community as गोंयची कोंकणी / Gõychi Konknni (even though they always locally call their language कोंकणी / Konknni and would have preferred this name)
- The current name "गोवा कोंकणी / Gova Konknni" is incorrect and nonsense and if these same questions:
this lacks a source for the new proposed name as well as confirmation that the name was sent upstream
had been asked for the name "गोवा कोंकणी / Gova Konknni", then we wouldn't be in this situation today.
Feb 7 2016
Oct 27 2015
Please, let's un-stall this task.
Sep 17 2015
Regarding the negative reviews at the code review for the name "कोंकणी / Konknni", what we are doing is that people who do not speak either gom or knn are going to decide what the local names should be by ignoring the request of the Wikipedia editing community that speaks the language, and instead, going by the theoretical information given in SIL / Ethnologue.
Sep 9 2015
Thanks Amire80 and others.
Sep 2 2015
Regarding the comment at the code review
Aug 23 2015
I'm sorry Mjbmr. I'm deleting my unhelpful comment.
Changes status to 'High', because currently, Wikipedia is using a local name 'गोवा कोंकणी / Gova Konknni' that doesn't make sense in the language. I think this merits fixing quickly.
- I'm not saying that there's a mistake in SIL, just that the on paper classification does not represent the ground realities. Just because SIL has assigned a language code to a group of dialects, doesn't necessarily mean that there will be a request for a wiki with that language code.
Aug 16 2015
Please can we go ahead with this change with the understanding that if in the future there is a request for a Maharashtrian Konkani (knn) site, then we will change the name for gom to गोंयची कोंकणी / Gõychi Konknni, which is the correct translation for Goan Konkani.
Aug 15 2015
I think we won't need to retain the old names as aliases, because gomwiki has been recentlly created, and I don't think a single link to any Module exists yet.
Yes Reedy, you're right: it's gom-deva. Because gom falls back to gom-deva.
Aug 13 2015
With regards to the discussion at the code review, I would like to point out that this point about leaving out the geographic identifier was discussed at the local discussion: https://gom.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?oldid=94473#Leaving_out_the_geographical_identifier_.27Goan.27
Aug 12 2015
I noticed a comment in the code review:
Aug 10 2015
Please could someone assign this task to an appropriate person?
- Everything that's in the Goan Konkani Wikipedia (gom.wikipedia.org) is Goan Konkani with the language code gom. Maharashtrian Konkani (knn) is a different group of dialects.
Jul 25 2015
Jul 16 2015
@Sushilmishra, thanks a lot for providing a solution, and I'm sorry that because of me you had to copy the code several times.
Attempt 5 did not work, so we are going back to the original code given by Nemo.
Attempt 4 didn't work either. This will be the final attempt for now, if this doesn't work, we'll go back to the original code.
Jul 15 2015
Attempt 4: Based on Attempt 2, but with the / escaped:
Attempt 2 also did not work. Now I am adding gom instead of gom-deva (gom basically gives the gom-deva messages anyway)
My code did not work. I think it's because AnonymousI18N.js checks whether en is in the list of available languages before deploying. Hence, I've added en to the list.