Jan 19 2021
Thanks for fixing the script and clarifying the wording.
Nov 10 2020
In case it helps: I had been able again to add math values for some time last week, but now it fails again.
Oct 27 2020
I noticed this failing about one day ago.
Sep 17 2020
The issue seems to be that the API expects the unit item to be of the form location + /entity/QID instead of concept base URI + QID, where location is the address on which the wikibase instance is accessible (say, the main page).
For Wikidata this is not an issue because users go to wikidata.org and edit there: location and concept base URI coincide (more or less).
However, in a production environment, edits might happen on a temporary URL before pushing the instance to the production URL. For both instances (temporary and production) the concept base URI is the same. Therefore, the unit item should start with the concept base URI.
Jun 29 2020
Hello. I just ran into the same issue.
May 18 2020
Hello. I stumbled over this ticket out of curiosity. Here my contribution:
May 11 2020
This seems to have fixed itself. Probably this was related to the switch to the new label service.
Apr 30 2020
Thanks for the explanation and welcome to the new team member.
By the looks of the lag it seems like the import has finished.
Running the query provided by @Dipsacus_fullonum a couple of times (with slight variations to "trick" the cache), the unit wd:P174728 is still present in the result of all runs.
Does that mean that wdqs1010 is not part of the pool for public queries, or that the invalid values made it into the dumps?
Apr 27 2020
Apr 10 2020
Jan 3 2020
Oct 15 2019
I changed my mind as mentioned on the talk page: Support for changing this property to external ID.
Oct 10 2019
Oct 2 2019
Just left a note on the property talk page (weakly) opposing this change. There I explain, why (to keep the discussion in one place).
Sep 23 2019
Correct, thanks. (Still learning how to create good tickets.)
Sep 10 2019
Aug 10 2019
By the way, I had noticed this problem at least a year ago for the first time and stumbled over it now and then.
Firefox 68.0.1 on macOS 10.14.6.
The second time I press the Tab key the focus moves from the language search field to "Show globe", as indicated by the arrow:
I had tried the Tab key before, but I'm not able to select any language with it: Pressing it once complete "sp" to "Spanish", pressing it a second time focuses "Show globe", that is, leaving the language selector.
Using Firefox, if that's relevant.