Sep 22 2015
I think a 403 would have been more useful as that error message would have pointed me in the right direction a lot quicker.
Also as I can't think of a scenario where oauth:initiate would be called other than server to server, so getting the login screen seems wrong.
Don't know if pages can have custom read access denied behaviour though?
Sep 21 2015
After a lot of faffing about. I managed to get around the issue by doing a fresh install to 1.25.2.
Do not thing I can get it running in 1.24 at all. Seems like lack of error messages that made sense to me was the actual reason.
For anyone else that have this issue.
One step forward, a few steps sideways?
Sep 18 2015
@Ricordisamoa: As a test, would it be possibly for you to point your app to my wiki at
Just to see if it works (its a development system) Especially if you pick up a oauth_token.
There is one other thing that is surprising me.
The default setting for passport (yours and the other one) seems to assume that they should initiate against index.php. But if I do that it breaks (well, more that it is already broken), will try upgrading it to 1.25 and see if that makes any difference.
@Ricordisamoa: Tried that, seems to have the same issue. No oauth_token once it gets to that stage.
Which version of mediawiki and oauth are you using?
PHP 5.4.16 (apache2handler)
No version information on Oauth
So have been looking into this issue, and as far as I can tell the issue seems to be that passport-mediawiki-oauth does not pick up the oauth token it should receive from
Seems like the first issue is that for one reason or another the oauth initiaion part does not pick up the oauth token returned. Will try to get it working
Sep 17 2015
@csteipp: Just to be clear, I did not write the actual passport-mediawiki-oauth module. So I do not know if it is correct other than indication is that it did work some time in the pass (I am certain that Dan did a good work even if he calls it a hack). So at some point it did work.
And would I be right in saying that in theory, this should be the "registration" prior to actually trying to access oauth.
So started hacking around a bit in the code, and have manage to get the request to be
Sep 15 2015
This is the best I can do for debug log (captured from the window below the confirmation box)