Thu, Sep 20
Wed, Sep 19
@Addshore thanks! It does work indeed! I saw that many query modules were marked with Caveat: On a repo wiki, this module only works directly on entity pages, not on pages connected to an entity via a sitelink. This may change in the future., and I couldn't find any way around it. Thanks for the quick help!
Thu, Aug 30
Version 4 hasn't changed much from v3, especially in terms of the graphs. So basically it will be v1.5, v2, and v3+, at least from the integration perspective. Copying v1.5 and v2 docs might be a good idea.
Mon, Aug 27
@thiemowmde @daniel my last patch only refactors Wikibase extension a bit, without touching the data model. It fixes the last few places I found that used direct Item ID parsing/composition, instead using the same common interface used by other code. Are there any concerns with that? For example, Lua function getSiteLink() used TermIdconstructor, whereas all other code in that same file used EntityParser instance.
Sun, Aug 26
I think I figured out most of the code needed for item ID parsing/creation without calling new ItemID() directly. Submitted as a new patch ^, let me know if this approach
Spoke too soon: overriding entityTypeDefinitionsArray in a hook works well for creating/editing Wikibase items, but it does not work in some cases like sitelink lookups (used by wiki pages to find corresponding wikibase items).
Sat, Aug 25
Update: I have implemented a custom extension that overrides default item https://github.com/nyurik/OsmWikibase :
Aug 24 2018
I think lex data dumps should be available independently of the other Wikidata data. For example, https://sklonenie-slov.ru/ shows all Russian noun declensions (30,000+), and I think such sites can greatly benefit from the community work.
P.S. I have began a discussion with the site authors, trying to get them to donate their database to Wikidata.
Aug 23 2018
Aug 22 2018
Introduced by https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/extensions/JsonConfig/+/450397/ - looking...
Aug 4 2018
Jul 13 2018
xml is only needed to configure Mapnik - so if it is possible to use some standard component to convert yml->xml for it, it would work. I think the issue here is that Mapnik is doing some non-standard xml parsing - hence all the problems. @Pnorman would know this better.