Page MenuHomePhabricator

Aklapper (Andre Klapper (WMF))
Developer Advocate | BoogwranglerAdministrator

Today

  • Clear sailing ahead.

Tomorrow

  • Clear sailing ahead.

Saturday

  • Clear sailing ahead.

User Details

User Since
Sep 17 2014, 6:19 PM (323 w, 7 h)
Roles
Administrator
Availability
Available
IRC Nick
andre__
LDAP User
Aklapper
MediaWiki User
AKlapper (WMF) [ Global Accounts ]

See mw:Bugwrangler for more information.

I am not a Product Manager.

Recent Activity

Yesterday

Aklapper awarded T267455: Sunset/Archive Daddio skin a Like token.
Wed, Nov 25, 11:28 PM · translatewiki.net, Wikimedia-GitHub, Diffusion-Repository-Administrators, Projects-Cleanup, Patch-For-Review, Technical-Debt (Deprecation process), Release-Engineering-Team, MediaWiki-skins-Daddio
Aklapper added a comment to T268696: "action=edit&prefix=foo" on meta redirects to [[meta:Main_Page]] (works as expected on mw.org where it allows creating a new page).

I'd recommend to go on IRC and ask in #wikimedia-tech and/or #mediawiki-dev if someone has an idea and could take a look at this issue.
Maybe someone will also stumble upon this ticket itself, but Wikimedia-General-or-Unknown is a quite broad project tag.

Wed, Nov 25, 4:40 PM · Wikimedia-General-or-Unknown, Community-Resources
Aklapper changed the status of T162226: Create list to send out to partners before events from Stalled to Open.

@Jopparn: I'm boldly resetting status per last comment, as tasks should not stay stalled for too long.
Feel free to set to stalled again; this is more to make sure that valid tasks don't get ignored for too long (or that tasks get resolved/declined if applicable). Thanks! :)

Wed, Nov 25, 2:11 PM · WMSE-Organisational-Development-2020, User-AxelPettersson_WMSE, User-Jopparn
Aklapper closed T115692: Flash of unstyled content (FOUC) on Login page and Preferences (and possibly other highly visible pages?) as Resolved.

Two years without updates later: Can anyone still reproduce this problem in 1.35 or current master?
If yes, then please provide clear steps to reproduce.
Otherwise this task will get closed (as it shouldn't become a catch-all for any FOUC issues).

Wed, Nov 25, 2:07 PM · Performance-Team (Radar), MediaWiki-User-preferences, MediaWiki-User-login-and-signup, MW-1.27-release-notes
Aklapper closed T44594: Stop using rel=nofollow on all external links, a subtask of T52039: Proposed changes to default settings (DefaultSettings.php) (tracking), as Declined.
Wed, Nov 25, 2:05 PM · Tracking-Neverending, MediaWiki-General
Aklapper closed T44594: Stop using rel=nofollow on all external links as Declined.

I'm going to boldly decline this stalled task: Four people expressed that they don't support this proposal, plus tasks shouldn't be stalled forever.
If there were sudden new arguments / analyses (and/or community discussions), this could potentially be reopened (or a new task could be created).

Wed, Nov 25, 2:05 PM · WorkType-NewFunctionality, MediaWiki-General
Aklapper changed the status of T160284: Clean up duplicate coordinate claims from Stalled to Open.

Boldly resetting status per last comment with open questions...

Wed, Nov 25, 1:59 PM · WMSE-Project-leftovers, Connected-Open-Heritage-Wikidata-migration (se-arbetsl)
Aklapper closed T163370: Automatic edit used as section heading in &section=new edit as Declined.

Unfortunately closing this Phabricator task as no further information has been provided in the last 3.5 years.

Wed, Nov 25, 1:59 PM · VisualEditor-MediaWiki-2017WikitextEditor, VisualEditor
Aklapper renamed T268696: "action=edit&prefix=foo" on meta redirects to [[meta:Main_Page]] (works as expected on mw.org where it allows creating a new page) from Using <inputbox> on meta to create a new subpage redirects to main page (works as expected on mw.org) to "action=edit&prefix=foo" on meta redirects to [[meta:Main_Page]] (works as expected on mw.org where it allows creating a new page).
Wed, Nov 25, 1:29 PM · Wikimedia-General-or-Unknown, Community-Resources
Aklapper added a comment to T268696: "action=edit&prefix=foo" on meta redirects to [[meta:Main_Page]] (works as expected on mw.org where it allows creating a new page).

More simplified, ignoring <inputbox>:
https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?action=edit&prefix=User:Malyacko%2FSandbox&title= works.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?action=edit&prefix=User:Malyacko%2FSandbox&title= does not work; it redirects to Main_Page.

Wed, Nov 25, 1:26 PM · Wikimedia-General-or-Unknown, Community-Resources
Aklapper added a comment to T268738: Request for a "Documentation Review" workboard..

Is there already any link to more info for the project tag description To track review progress of #documentation tasks? Or should that be added later?

Wed, Nov 25, 1:20 PM · Project-Admins
Aklapper moved T268738: Request for a "Documentation Review" workboard. from Incoming to Projects to create on the Project-Admins board.
Wed, Nov 25, 12:09 PM · Project-Admins
Aklapper added a comment to T268738: Request for a "Documentation Review" workboard..

Hi, please see https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Creating_and_renaming_projects#Creating_new_projects and provide required info - thanks!

Wed, Nov 25, 12:08 PM · Project-Admins
Aklapper added a comment to T268734: Assign patrolmarks right to autoconfirmed users on itwiki.

@Superpes15: Hi, for future reference, please follow https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requesting_wiki_configuration_changes when requesting such kinds of changes. Thanks a lot!

Wed, Nov 25, 11:12 AM · User-Urbanecm, Patch-For-Review, Wikimedia-Site-requests
Aklapper closed T87356: Self-transclusion loop protection and noinclude not working on template pages in MW 1.24 and 1.24.1 as Declined.

We are testing a new stack with 1.27rc1 and will see if the latest master of AccessControl has the same problem.

Wed, Nov 25, 11:12 AM · MediaWiki-extensions-AccessControl
Aklapper closed T214930: Add better copy to clipboard as Declined.

@Mbch331: No reply, thus boldly declining

Wed, Nov 25, 11:06 AM · Wikiportrait
Aklapper added a comment to T199992: Javanese OCR installation steps for Wikisource.

Can someone provide a clear list of steps (step by step, click by click, as a list) how others can test this functionality? See my previous comment. Thanks.

Wed, Nov 25, 11:01 AM · ProofreadPage, I18n, Wikisource
Aklapper assigned T266677: Use of FormatMetadata::formatNum with non-numeric value was deprecated in MediaWiki 1.36. [Called from FormatMetadata::makeFormattedData] to cscott.

Is there anything outstanding here? This looks resolved?

Wed, Nov 25, 11:00 AM · MW-1.36-notes (1.36.0-wmf.16; 2020-11-03), Commons, MediaWiki-File-management, MediaWiki-extensions-PdfHandler, Wikimedia-production-error
Aklapper added a comment to T267253: Generated attribution HTML broken, shows mixed with encoded and decoded characters.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Developers/Maintainers lists Structured-Data-Backlog team as stewards for MultimediaViewer;
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Product/Component_responsibility says that "Non-security patches not reviewed" for MultimediaViewer

Wed, Nov 25, 10:58 AM · Regression, MediaViewer
Aklapper renamed T268717: Add "Create New…" item in top bar of Phabricator (as the bookmark icon is not very discoverable) from Create New... on top bar of Phabricator to Add "Create New…" item in top bar of Phabricator (as the bookmark icon is not very discoverable).
Wed, Nov 25, 10:27 AM · Phabricator
Aklapper renamed T268203: On Sindhi Wikipedia, in the page history, edit size difference should be shown in Arabic numerals instead of Sindhi numerals from Sindhi numbers showing? to On Sindhi Wikipedia, in the page history, edit size difference should be shown in Arabic numerals instead of Sindhi numerals.
Wed, Nov 25, 10:24 AM
Aklapper added a comment to T268203: On Sindhi Wikipedia, in the page history, edit size difference should be shown in Arabic numerals instead of Sindhi numerals.

@Kaleem_Bhatti: Same on https://sd.wikipedia.org/wiki/خاص:ڀاڱيداريون/KaleemBot , so this is not mobile specific.

Wed, Nov 25, 10:23 AM
Aklapper triaged T266414: Delete junk portals as Low priority.

At least the right to create portal should be restricted.

Wed, Nov 25, 10:15 AM · Phabricator
Aklapper renamed T266966: project.search API broken: "Undefined index" error for an existing Project PHID from project.search API broken to project.search API broken: "Undefined index" error for an existing Project PHID.
Wed, Nov 25, 10:13 AM · Phabricator
Aklapper added a comment to T268196: Figure out the future of codesearch in a GitLab world.

@hashar: Hah, I had no idea. Thanks!

Wed, Nov 25, 10:01 AM · GitLab, VPS-project-Codesearch
Aklapper added a comment to T268203: On Sindhi Wikipedia, in the page history, edit size difference should be shown in Arabic numerals instead of Sindhi numerals.

Hi @Kaleem_Bhatti, thanks for the reply. I still have no idea what exactly is wrong, and what exactly you expect to be shown instead.

  • Please provide the text (as text, here!) that is wrong.
  • Please provide the text (as text, here!) that you want to see instead.

Please always follow https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/How_to_report_a_bug - Thanks a lot! :)

Wed, Nov 25, 9:56 AM
Aklapper awarded T257301: Create a web demo a Like token.
Wed, Nov 25, 1:48 AM · phan-taint-check-plugin
Aklapper renamed T268696: "action=edit&prefix=foo" on meta redirects to [[meta:Main_Page]] (works as expected on mw.org where it allows creating a new page) from Project Grants tabs on Meta are malfunctioning, interrupting grantee reporting efforts and other important grants processes to Using <inputbox> on meta to create a new subpage redirects to main page (works as expected on mw.org).
Wed, Nov 25, 1:22 AM · Wikimedia-General-or-Unknown, Community-Resources
Aklapper added a comment to T268696: "action=edit&prefix=foo" on meta redirects to [[meta:Main_Page]] (works as expected on mw.org where it allows creating a new page).

Ah, I think I understand the problem. This seems to be meta specific (cannot reproduce on mw.org with the same account permissions).

Wed, Nov 25, 1:20 AM · Wikimedia-General-or-Unknown, Community-Resources
Aklapper updated the task description for T268696: "action=edit&prefix=foo" on meta redirects to [[meta:Main_Page]] (works as expected on mw.org where it allows creating a new page).
Wed, Nov 25, 12:55 AM · Wikimedia-General-or-Unknown, Community-Resources
Aklapper added a comment to T268696: "action=edit&prefix=foo" on meta redirects to [[meta:Main_Page]] (works as expected on mw.org where it allows creating a new page).

Hi, could you please include a full list of steps that someone would have to perform to reproduce this situation (including links that other people could use), what is expected to happen, and what happens instead (see https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/How_to_report_a_bug )? Thanks! :)

Wed, Nov 25, 12:37 AM · Wikimedia-General-or-Unknown, Community-Resources
Aklapper added a project to T268698: Add flag to rebuildLocalisationCache.php to skip MessageBlobStore::clearGlobalCacheEntry: MediaWiki-Maintenance-system.

@dancy: Assuming this task is about the maintenance scripts in MediaWiki core, hence adding that project tag so other people who don't know or don't care about team tags can also find this task when searching via projects. Please set appropriate project tags when possible. Thanks!

Wed, Nov 25, 12:24 AM · MW-1.36-notes (1.36.0-wmf.20; 2020-12-01), MediaWiki-Internationalization, Release-Engineering-Team-TODO (2020-10-01 to 2020-12-31 (Q2))
Aklapper closed T268656: Flood flag question as Invalid.

Hi @MrJaroslavik, thanks for reporting this. This does not sound like something is wrong in the code base (a so-called "software bug"), but instead like a support question (how to change settings, questions how to do something, etc.).
As Wikimedia Phabricator is for bug reports and enhancement requests, please ask on the MediaWiki Support Desk. Thanks for your understanding!

Wed, Nov 25, 12:21 AM
Aklapper awarded T268652: Story idea for Blog: Automatic security analysis for PHP code a Love token.
Wed, Nov 25, 12:20 AM · phan-taint-check-plugin, Technical-blog-posts
Aklapper updated the task description for T268667: Archive mediawiki/extensions/MultiUpload?.
Wed, Nov 25, 12:19 AM · Projects-Cleanup, MediaWiki-extensions-MultiUpload
Aklapper added a comment to T268667: Archive mediawiki/extensions/MultiUpload?.

Please use the form for such requests; I'm adding it to the task description.

Wed, Nov 25, 12:19 AM · Projects-Cleanup, MediaWiki-extensions-MultiUpload

Tue, Nov 24

Aklapper changed the status of T268632: Appearence of the eastern arabic numerals on Arabic wikimedia projects + from Open to Stalled.

Hi @Bachounda! Thanks for taking the time to report this! Please follow https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/How_to_report_a_bug and provide:

  • a clear and complete list of exact steps to reproduce the situation, step by step, so that nobody needs to guess or interpret how you performed each step,
  • what happens after performing these steps to reproduce,
  • what exactly you expected to happen instead,
  • a full link to a web address where the issue can be seen,
  • and create separate tasks for separate problems.
Tue, Nov 24, 2:38 PM
Aklapper updated subscribers of T268632: Appearence of the eastern arabic numerals on Arabic wikimedia projects +.
Tue, Nov 24, 2:37 PM
Aklapper renamed T268627: PushToWatch extension does not show anything in page footer from PushToWatch extension is broken to PushToWatch extension does not show anything in page footer.
Tue, Nov 24, 2:20 PM · MediaWiki-extensions-PushToWatch
Aklapper added a comment to T266857: 2nd part of blog post series: the evolution of Wikimedia's Content Delivery Network.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:NCDN_-_CDN.png is the closest I could find (but a bit boring I guess)

Tue, Nov 24, 9:06 AM · Traffic, Technical-blog-posts, Operations
Aklapper renamed T268595: Spam from WHO takes purpose at cervical most cancers to reduce cases, deaths to Spam.
Tue, Nov 24, 8:11 AM · Trash
Aklapper moved T97233: Incorrect text positioning in SVG with tspan element and text-anchor attribute from Backlog to Upstream (librsvg) on the Thumbor board.
Tue, Nov 24, 8:09 AM · Thumbor, Upstream, Wikimedia-SVG-rendering
Aklapper moved T97233: Incorrect text positioning in SVG with tspan element and text-anchor attribute from Reported Upstream to Patch merged upstream on the Upstream board.

Fixed in librsvg 2.50.2 via https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/librsvg/-/commit/327088cbc22018bfa479b3a0282eb244e7804da4

Tue, Nov 24, 8:09 AM · Thumbor, Upstream, Wikimedia-SVG-rendering
Aklapper added a comment to T266654: Maps do not display in Minerva Neue skin.

Anyone who can reproduce this problem please open a tab in your browser, open the network tab of your browser's developer tools, go to https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=User:Tigerfell/Sandbox&oldid=2054479&debug=true (note the debug=true), and check for errors. Thanks.

Tue, Nov 24, 7:28 AM · MediaWiki-extensions-MultiMaps
Aklapper renamed T268060: Unable to view and navigate images on certain pages in MultimediaViewer: TypeError: Cannot read property 'protocol' of undefined from Unable to view and navigate images on certain pages in MultimediaViewer without error to Unable to view and navigate images on certain pages in MultimediaViewer: TypeError: Cannot read property 'protocol' of undefined.
Tue, Nov 24, 7:23 AM · Structured Data Engineering, Structured-Data-Backlog, Wikimedia-production-error, MediaViewer
Aklapper closed T268475: Layout of PDFs is not what it's supposed to be. as Invalid.

I do not see any "unnecessary gaps" anywhere. If you print a ton of Wikipedia articles then I'd hope that printers sort pages instead of putting them out randomly.
If you are specifically asking for page numbers, then please follow https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/How_to_report_a_bug and file a feature request to include page numbers (as that's way more specific than "Something changed", which is quite normal in software development).

Tue, Nov 24, 6:25 AM · Product-Infrastructure-Team-Backlog, Proton

Mon, Nov 23

Aklapper added a comment to T155336: CategoryTree shows dropdown when subcategory size is negative.

I myself do not know, sorry. :)

Mon, Nov 23, 9:19 PM · MediaWiki-extensions-CategoryTree
Aklapper added a comment to T268475: Layout of PDFs is not what it's supposed to be..

Hi @Emdosis, which problems do the current PDFs create? I'd say that not printing headers and footers is an improvement. Maybe the font change is also an improvement. I'm interested in use cases - why were those headers and footers useful for you? Why is the font important to you? Again, please see https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/How_to_report_a_bug - thanks a lot! :)

Mon, Nov 23, 9:17 PM · Product-Infrastructure-Team-Backlog, Proton
Aklapper changed the status of T268475: Layout of PDFs is not what it's supposed to be. from Open to Stalled.

Hi @Emdosis, thanks for taking the time to report this!

Mon, Nov 23, 7:24 PM · Product-Infrastructure-Team-Backlog, Proton
Aklapper added a comment to T267038: GSoD 2020: Week 6, 7, 8, & 9 .

Hi, feel free to file a project tag request - see https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Creating_and_renaming_projects#Creating_new_projects . Thanks!

Mon, Nov 23, 7:08 PM · Documentation, Google Season of Docs 2020
Aklapper changed the status of T203278: Archive Mathoid deploy repo from Stalled to Open.

Thanks for solving this mystery! :) Resetting task status.

Mon, Nov 23, 5:50 PM · Math, Mathoid, Platform Team Legacy (Watching / External), Services (watching), Wikimedia-GitHub, Diffusion-Repository-Administrators, Projects-Cleanup, Release Pipeline (Blubber)
Aklapper added a comment to T268478: Videos on iOS must be tapped twice to load properly.

Hi @CoolieCoolster, thanks for taking the time to report this! Which exact MediaWiki version, extension revision/branch, web browser version and operating system version is this about? Also see https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/How_to_report_a_bug - thanks! :)

Mon, Nov 23, 5:38 PM · User-RhinosF1, TimedMediaHandler
Aklapper closed T248811: WMF to possibly have a meeting with Bitergia to discuss bigger long-term plans as Resolved.

I think we sneaked this in at the end of the meeting that we had on November 18th, 2020 when it comes to code health monitoring aspects.

Mon, Nov 23, 5:33 PM · Developer-Advocacy (Oct-Dec 2020), Code-Health, wikimedia.biterg.io
Aklapper removed a subtask for T245854: Check and potentially document new dashboards under "Community": T248811: WMF to possibly have a meeting with Bitergia to discuss bigger long-term plans.
Mon, Nov 23, 5:31 PM · wikimedia.biterg.io, Developer-Advocacy
Aklapper removed a parent task for T248811: WMF to possibly have a meeting with Bitergia to discuss bigger long-term plans: T245854: Check and potentially document new dashboards under "Community".
Mon, Nov 23, 5:31 PM · Developer-Advocacy (Oct-Dec 2020), Code-Health, wikimedia.biterg.io
Aklapper changed the status of T268451: The media viewer’s close button shows previous page rather than closing the view from Open to Stalled.

Hi @nclm, thanks for taking the time to report this and welcome to Wikimedia Phabricator!

Mon, Nov 23, 1:41 PM · MediaViewer
Aklapper added a comment to T78224: MediaViewer URL and history issues (tracking).

It looks like nobody triages MediaViewer tickets and has all "tracking" tasks in mind.
So this "tracking" task lacks newer tasks (e.g. T236591) which should be subtasks.

Mon, Nov 23, 1:41 PM · Multimedia, Tracking-Neverending, MediaViewer
Aklapper awarded T170364: Suggestions for auto completion suggestions a Like token.
Mon, Nov 23, 1:06 PM · Patch-For-Review, Wikidata Query UI, patch-welcome, good first task, Discovery, Wikidata
Aklapper added a comment to T256027: Decrease number of open tickets with assignee field set for more than two years (aka cookie licking) (Oct-Dec 2020 edition).

2020-11-23: (Second and last) Emails sent to remaining 132 task assignees about 323 open tasks left (duplicate items removed).
Before mass-unassigning around Dec 18.

Mon, Nov 23, 1:00 PM · Developer-Advocacy (Oct-Dec 2020)
Aklapper closed T250700: Update the Zulip page on MediaWiki and add communication guidelines as Resolved.
Mon, Nov 23, 12:56 PM · Developer-Advocacy (Oct-Dec 2020), Documentation
Aklapper claimed T250700: Update the Zulip page on MediaWiki and add communication guidelines.
Mon, Nov 23, 12:52 PM · Developer-Advocacy (Oct-Dec 2020), Documentation
Aklapper added a comment to T250700: Update the Zulip page on MediaWiki and add communication guidelines.
Mon, Nov 23, 12:39 PM · Developer-Advocacy (Oct-Dec 2020), Documentation
Aklapper changed the status of T240232: Provide best practices concerning writing help pages on wikis from Stalled to Open.

Thanks for the explanation. If one person is supposed to act on this ticket and is not blocked on another specific task or some upstream project, then I'm going to boldly set as task assignee and reset task status. (Feel free to reassign after taking action here.)

Mon, Nov 23, 12:38 PM · Growth-Team, NewcomerTasks 1.2, Documentation
Aklapper changed the status of T240232: Provide best practices concerning writing help pages on wikis, a subtask of T211734: Newcomer tasks: develop standard help content to guide newcomers, from Stalled to Open.
Mon, Nov 23, 12:38 PM · Growth-Team, NewcomerTasks 1.2
Aklapper added a comment to T170364: Suggestions for auto completion suggestions.

Hi @Shubham656jain: Thanks for the quick reply! Does that mean this task is complete and should be closed? If yes then please feel free to do so.
If you think that this task is not complete and you don't plan to further work on this task, it would be good to reset the assignee.

Mon, Nov 23, 11:39 AM · Patch-For-Review, Wikidata Query UI, patch-welcome, good first task, Discovery, Wikidata
Aklapper added a comment to T240232: Provide best practices concerning writing help pages on wikis.

@Trizek-WMF: Hmm, stalled means "If a report is waiting for further input (e.g. from its reporter or a third party) and can currently not be acted on". So this task should be updated to cover the "changed plans" but not be stalled, I'd say. (Or it should be declined if it does not make sense anymore.)

Mon, Nov 23, 11:37 AM · Growth-Team, NewcomerTasks 1.2, Documentation
Aklapper added a comment to T268328: Automatically index extensions in Codesearch.

if your extension has a page on mediawiki.org and is actively maintained, it gets indexed.

I'd say quite some of those thousands of pages are outdated, and there is no good criteria or even update process for extension release status.

Mon, Nov 23, 10:20 AM · VPS-project-Codesearch, TechCom
Aklapper added a comment to T250700: Update the Zulip page on MediaWiki and add communication guidelines.

On Zulip, we can refer to Phabricator tasks by just specifying the task number TXXXX. It directly links to the corresponding task

Mon, Nov 23, 9:58 AM · Developer-Advocacy (Oct-Dec 2020), Documentation
Aklapper claimed T260985: Conduct and incorporate broader feedback and review of collected use cases (content).
Mon, Nov 23, 9:42 AM · Developer-Advocacy (Jan-Mar 2021), Wikimedia-Developer-Portal
Aklapper claimed T260984: Run explorative conversations in WMF to identify technology areas, use cases, key technical documents, workflows.
Mon, Nov 23, 9:42 AM · Developer-Advocacy (Oct-Dec 2020), Wikimedia-Developer-Portal
Aklapper added a comment to T145475: Update to latest maki.

Throwing links in:

Mon, Nov 23, 8:57 AM · Maps (Kartographer)
Aklapper added a comment to T203278: Archive Mathoid deploy repo.

I thought this had been moved to the service pipeline now?

Mon, Nov 23, 8:42 AM · Math, Mathoid, Platform Team Legacy (Watching / External), Services (watching), Wikimedia-GitHub, Diffusion-Repository-Administrators, Projects-Cleanup, Release Pipeline (Blubber)
Aklapper added a comment to T86484: InTense: Amass suitable projects from available datasets.

https://intense.wmflabs.org/ says "No proxy is configured for this host name."
Where is this located?

Mon, Nov 23, 7:35 AM · translatewiki.net
Aklapper added a project to T59601: Help pages for all the input methods in Universal Language Selector need to have content: Epic.

(I'm also proposing to decline this task in its current scope: "Help pages for all the input methods" sounds like an everchanging scope.)

Mon, Nov 23, 7:15 AM · Epic, Documentation, good first task, UniversalLanguageSelector
Aklapper added a comment to T59601: Help pages for all the input methods in Universal Language Selector need to have content.

See other, existing pages under https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Extension:UniversalLanguageSelector/Input_methods - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Extension:UniversalLanguageSelector/Input_methods/as-avro would really benefit from being a table and follow the scheme of other pages.

Mon, Nov 23, 7:14 AM · Epic, Documentation, good first task, UniversalLanguageSelector
Aklapper added a comment to T260698: Update wikitech docs to prefer wmcloud.org and eqiad1.wikimedia.cloud domains.

@Hanan8822: Hi! This task has been assigned to you a while ago. Could you maybe share an update? Do you still plan to work on this task, or do you need any help? Thanks!

Mon, Nov 23, 7:08 AM · good first task, Documentation, cloud-services-team (Kanban)
Aklapper added a project to T252511: Anchor the Library Bundle 'Learn more' button to the Library Bundle section of the About page: Patch-Needs-Improvement.

@Rahul-1729: Hi! This task has been assigned to you a while ago. Could you maybe share an update? Do you still plan to work on this task, or do you need any specific help? Thanks!

Mon, Nov 23, 7:08 AM · Patch-Needs-Improvement, The-Wikipedia-Library (Kanban), good first task, Library-Card-Platform
Aklapper added a comment to T257183: Make SpecialMuteModifyFormFields hook to not pass the entire special page.

@Shubham656jain: Hi, all related patches in Gerrit have been merged. Can this task be resolved (via Add Action...Change Status in the dropdown menu), or is there more to do in this task? Asking as you are set as task assignee. Thanks in advance!

Mon, Nov 23, 7:06 AM · MW-1.36-notes (1.36.0-wmf.16; 2020-11-03), good first task, MediaWiki-Special-pages
Aklapper added a comment to T170364: Suggestions for auto completion suggestions.

@Shubham656jain: Hi, all related patches in Gerrit have been merged or abandoned. Is there more to do in this task? Asking as you are set as task assignee. Thanks in advance! (You can change the task status via Add Action...Change Status in the dropdown menu.)

Mon, Nov 23, 7:06 AM · Patch-For-Review, Wikidata Query UI, patch-welcome, good first task, Discovery, Wikidata
Aklapper added a comment to T188483: Wrap up documentation of New Editor Experiences research, workshops, and recommendations.

@nshahquinn-wmf: Any progress / news to share, or info how someone could help? Thanks!

Mon, Nov 23, 7:04 AM · Contributors-Analysis, New-Editor-Experiences
Aklapper updated subscribers of T224153: Leida võimalusi koostööks täiskasvanute haridusprogrammidega.

@kruusamagi, @reosarevok: Hi, can you please either change the status of this task (currently it is open), or add an active project tag to this task (currently there is no active project tag, so this task cannot be found on any workboard)? Thanks!

Mon, Nov 23, 6:59 AM · WMEE
Aklapper updated subscribers of T224150: Suhelda EMTAga Vikipeedia koostööst.

@kruusamagi, @reosarevok: Hi, can you please either change the status of this task (currently it is open), or add an active project tag to this task (currently there is no active project tag, so this task cannot be found on any workboard)? Thanks!

Mon, Nov 23, 6:59 AM · WMEE
Aklapper updated subscribers of T224151: Suhelda TTÜga Vikipeedia koostööst.

@kruusamagi, @reosarevok: Hi, can you please either change the status of this task (currently it is open), or add an active project tag to this task (currently there is no active project tag, so this task cannot be found on any workboard)? Thanks!

Mon, Nov 23, 6:59 AM · WMEE
Aklapper updated subscribers of T224156: Suhtlemine Tartu KHKga.

@kruusamagi, @reosarevok: Hi, can you please either change the status of this task (currently it is open), or add an active project tag to this task (currently there is no active project tag, so this task cannot be found on any workboard)? Thanks!

Mon, Nov 23, 6:58 AM · WMEE
Aklapper updated subscribers of T224157: Leida võimalusi koostööks kutsekoolidega.

@kruusamagi, @reosarevok: Hi, can you please either change the status of this task (currently it is open), or add an active project tag to this task (currently there is no active project tag, so this task cannot be found on any workboard)? Thanks!

Mon, Nov 23, 6:58 AM · WMEE
Aklapper updated subscribers of T224158: Kunsti- ning muusikakoolidega koostöövõimaluste leidmine.

@kruusamagi, @reosarevok: Hi, can you please either change the status of this task (currently it is open), or add an active project tag to this task (currently there is no active project tag, so this task cannot be found on any workboard)? Thanks!

Mon, Nov 23, 6:58 AM · WMEE
Aklapper renamed H78c67c from Hello903hello to H78c67c.
Mon, Nov 23, 6:26 AM
Aklapper removed Due Date on T267668: Some recent Commons uploads not available on other wikis (2020-11).
Mon, Nov 23, 6:26 AM · MW-1.36-notes (1.36.0-wmf.16; 2020-11-03), Patch-For-Review, Wikimedia-production-error, Operations, Commons, MediaWiki-File-management

Sun, Nov 22

Aklapper removed a subtask for T209990: Test Kartotherian/Tilerator with node 10: T210815: Upgrade to node-mapnik 4.0.1.
Sun, Nov 22, 6:29 PM · Maps (Kartotherian), Product-Infrastructure-Team-Backlog (Kanban)
Aklapper added a subtask for T213077: Migrate Kartotherian/Tilerator to Mapnik v3.1.x when released: T210815: Upgrade to node-mapnik 4.0.1.
Sun, Nov 22, 6:29 PM · Maps (Kartotherian), Epic, Product-Infrastructure-Team-Backlog
Aklapper edited parent tasks for T210815: Upgrade to node-mapnik 4.0.1, added: T213077: Migrate Kartotherian/Tilerator to Mapnik v3.1.x when released; removed: T209990: Test Kartotherian/Tilerator with node 10.
Sun, Nov 22, 6:29 PM · Maps (Kartotherian), Product-Infrastructure-Team-Backlog
Aklapper added a comment to T102944: 'Examine' should show details of the edit at the time the edit was made.

Eh, thanks a lot for elaborating! (My previous action wasn't a reply to previous actions; I was more after looking at some older tickets stalled for years).
Meh, sounds like somewhere between lowest priority and declined status then, but let's see. :-/

Sun, Nov 22, 4:53 PM · Patch-Needs-Improvement, User-Daimona, AbuseFilter
Aklapper changed the status of T209440: Add support for AV1 as an ingestion and transcoding target format, a subtask of T209437: Migrate primary Wikimedia video format from VP9 to AV1, from Stalled to Open.
Sun, Nov 22, 4:45 PM · TimedMediaHandler-Transcode
Aklapper changed the status of T209440: Add support for AV1 as an ingestion and transcoding target format from Stalled to Open.

AV1 exists, hence resetting task status.

Sun, Nov 22, 4:45 PM · TimedMediaHandler-Transcode
Aklapper changed the status of T102944: 'Examine' should show details of the edit at the time the edit was made from Stalled to Open.

The previous comments don't explain who or what (task?) exactly this task is stalled on ("If a report is waiting for further input (e.g. from its reporter or a third party) and can currently not be acted on"). Hence resetting task status, as tasks should not be stalled for unclear reasons.

Sun, Nov 22, 4:42 PM · Patch-Needs-Improvement, User-Daimona, AbuseFilter
Aklapper added a comment to T268409: PageForms.

@Platinops: Thanks for taking a look at the code!

Sun, Nov 22, 4:25 PM · MediaWiki-extensions-Page_Forms
Aklapper renamed T268001: Document account requirements to edit Phabricator projects (maybe that's #Trusted-Contributors now? Or also #WMF-NDA?) from Some folks cannot edit Phabricator projects for unclear reasons to Document account requirements to edit Phabricator projects (maybe that's #Trusted-Contributors now? Or also #WMF-NDA?).
Sun, Nov 22, 2:07 PM · Phabricator
Aklapper added a comment to T268403: Privacy | History of edits | Wikipedia | Suggestion for all languages.

Sun, Nov 22, 1:02 PM
Aklapper closed T268403: Privacy | History of edits | Wikipedia | Suggestion for all languages as Declined.

Ah, I think I understand now.

Sun, Nov 22, 1:01 PM
Aklapper changed the status of T268403: Privacy | History of edits | Wikipedia | Suggestion for all languages from Open to Stalled.

Hi @WikiBook10, thanks for taking the time to report this and welcome to Wikimedia Phabricator!
This looks unrelated to importbots.
Unfortunately this Wikimedia Phabricator task lacks some information. Please add a more complete description to this task. That should be

  • a clear and complete list of exact steps to reproduce the situation, step by step, so that nobody needs to guess or interpret how you performed each step,
  • what happens after performing these steps to reproduce,
  • what you expected to happen instead,
  • a full link to a web address where the issue can be seen.

Problems that others can reproduce can get fixed faster. Thanks again!

Sun, Nov 22, 1:00 PM