I work for Rhizome, a digital arts non-profit.
Wed, Nov 13
wikimedia has custom PHP versions, Apache versions, etc. Are these actually desirable for releases / 3rd party users? How about the docker library images?
Sat, Nov 9
I'd like to share a few thoughts from the perspective of running a Wikibase since 2015 and having switched to the Docker distribution in 2017, including data migration:
Jan 2 2019
Oct 1 2018
I have done some customization with MediaWiki:Common.css, which is pretty easy. But the logo could be set in the docker-compose file indeed.
Screencap of how this looks:
Sep 19 2018
What hast worked is setting WIKIBASE_HOST in the docker-compose file to the actual public hostname and in the Wikibase's LocalSettings.php adding an explicit concep URI prefix with http protocol, like $wgWBRepoSettings['conceptBaseUri'] = "http://staging.catalog.rhizome.org/";
Sep 18 2018
We have been able to put the ttl-dump into Blazegraph now with the following process:
Sep 14 2018
Thank you @Smalyshev!
Sep 13 2018
When removing the alias staging.catalog.rhizome.org from the wikibase container in the docker-compose file, the connection is made via the docker network and can be established. However, the contents of the Wikibase are still rejected:
I think there is lots of ambiguity here...
Sep 12 2018
I think I need more guidance on how to run this script. I did use the --start and --init switches before.
After some consultation with @Tarrow
Jul 31 2018
Thanks @Smalyshev! Indeed the double dashes were the issue!
Jul 10 2018
I had to correctly configure the reverse proxy for the .htaccess redirect to function. The problem is indeed fixed, feel free to close.
Jul 8 2018
Scribuntu is easy enough to install actually, however it would be nice to be included alongside activated GeSHi and CodeEditor extensions.
Mediawiki-initiated redirects have been solved by setting $wgServer in LocalSettings.php.
The SendGrid extension magically worked without running php composer. Closing since I am not sure what exactly composer does and how it does or doesn't affect other extensions.
Jul 7 2018
After adding wfLoadExtension( 'OAuth' ); and $wgSecretKey = "<randomString>"; to LocalSettings.php, and running update.php, the error changes to Error retrieving token: mwoauth-oauth-exception.
@Addshore I am using Caddy.
Jul 6 2018
I am looking at runUpdate.sh inside the wdqs container, which I believe is documented here.
I was able to solve Mediawiki redirection problems by adding the public host name a mounted LocalSettings.php in $wgServer.
Jul 1 2018
Jun 21 2018
Not currently reproducible
Again, plese excuse the brevity of the original ticket.
Is the WIKIBASE_HOST variable used for both communication with Wikibase and the URI prefix?
I see the scoping problem, on the other hand, it would be overkill to require two containers for a simple Wikibase deployment in which I am guessing the regular Wiki part would also be used.
Entity-URLs are auto-generated as http://localhost:8181/entity/Q1996
Please excuse, my last set of tickets was added during a Wikibase workshop.
During the Berlin workshop it seemed like there was an agreement that every Wikibase should provide a manifest with key information about its properties, see T197588
Jun 19 2018
At Rhizome we used the following command to reset Blazegraph:
I think it would be good to have most of the LocalSettings.php provided with meaningful conventions and offer a way to append lines for name spaces etc...
Apr 27 2018
Here are related discussions/issues:
Mar 13 2015
Mar 3 2015
Apparently, normalizePageName in MediaWikiSite doesn't follow redirects. MediaWikiSite writes this error log:
BTW, the proof that 'Delocator.net' exists as a wiki page:
Feb 25 2015
After some checking, indeed that must be the case. However, I don't know what configuration mistake I made.
Feb 24 2015
Found out that the problem appeared because $wgWBClientSettings['repoUrl'] containing a trailing slash and $wgScriptPath is empty.
Feb 23 2015
Feb 16 2015
hoo asked to provide the URL on which this happens, which is https://catalog.rhizome.org/
Feb 12 2015
Feb 10 2015
Feb 3 2015
Jan 31 2015
Jan 30 2015
Dec 17 2014
Oh! I figured the design issue is more complicated: