Thu, Apr 27
Thanks for the heads up @MoritzMuehlenhoff. While we're at it, I think it makes sense to set both pertinent PdfHandler config items to be firejailed:
- PdfPostProcessor - /usr/local/bin/mediawiki-firejail-convert ($wgImageMagickConvertCommand)
- PdfProcessor - /usr/local/bin/mediawiki-firejail-ghostscript
Tue, Apr 25
This seems to be a non-Security issue, and one which is best handled by another team, so I'm untagging the Security project.
Approved. Thanks for your patience!
Wed, Apr 12
@tstarling Thanks Tim.
@JMinor, no issues found. Thanks for submitting this for review.
Mon, Apr 10
22:45 dapatrick: Deployed patch for T162621 to wmf18 and wmf19
Wed, Apr 5
Mar 29 2017
Mar 28 2017
Mar 24 2017
Created retroactively to capture content of e-mail response from @tstarling.
Mar 22 2017
@kaldari, can you update the description of this ticket and add the info requested at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Security_Team/Security_reviews#Requesting_a_review? Once that's done, I'll get this scheduled.
Mar 21 2017
@JMinor, I just rescheduled this for this week and next. I'll contact you off-Phab to schedule a review commencement meeting.
@Lydia_Pintscher, can you give us an update on this ticket?
@Legoktm, @MarcoAurelio can you give an update on the status of the extension? Is it ready to review now? If now, I say we close this ticket as invalid and create another at a later date should the module prove ready for review and likely to be deployed.
@Lydia_Pintscher, can you update the description of this ticket with the information requested at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Security_Team/Security_reviews#Requesting_a_review? Thanks!
Feb 28 2017
Approved! Thanks for all of your attentiveness thus far, and we're glad to have in Security.
Feb 24 2017
I've reviewed both content and technical implementation of the 2016 Annual Report and found no major security problems. Here are a few notes on minor things:
- "amoritization" on 2016/financials.html may be misspelled
- In the video at the bottom of 2016/what-we-stand-for.html, at approx. 1:21, is it okay to show the list of users who have visited the office?
- Use of Katherine and Jimmy's signatures may be useful in instances an attacker requires a signature on a physical form as part of a further attack. (I say this realizing that we've probably published Katherine and Jimmy's signatures before.
- X-Frame-Options header is not set on live site (https://annual.wikimedia.org/2016/)
Feb 22 2017
@JMinor, this review has been scheduled for the week of March 13th. Does this work for your deployment schedule? Also, can you provide documentation of setting up a test environment?
Hi @Nemo_bis, could you update the description of this ticket and add the information requested at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Security_Team/Security_reviews#Requesting_a_review? Thanks!
Thanks @Reedy. Is there a SAL entry associated with this deployment?
Feb 21 2017
Feb 14 2017
@Reedy, I think this is a good idea for people working with a local repo who are unfamiliar with our projects.
Feb 8 2017
Feb 7 2017
Feb 3 2017
This has been completed. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/source/OIT-LDAP-Tools/