Dec 28 2018
Also https://wikiapiary.com/wiki/User:Audit_Bee claims that it "Makes websites inactive [...] if they have not had any edits in 12 weeks".
But on 23 December it marked this wiki as inactive - https://wikiapiary.com/w/index.php?title=%D0%9C%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%92%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B8&diff=4801798&oldid=4721089 - where the latest edit was on 21 December.
Dec 24 2018
Dec 20 2018
500 is almost always temporary.
There is no reason not to retry in 6 hours, unless the site returned 500 on all past attempts for weeks.
As convenient as it would be for WMF to say "just go install your own Mathoid, Restbase, etc.",
the facts are:
- Math is an extension of immense importance. It's used on many third-party wikis, including scientific wikis operated by small groups or individuals.
- In the past, Math didn't have all those complex dependencies. You just placed texvc executable where needed and it worked.
- Later Math was rewritten to require Mathoid server and (apparently) Restbase server. Those are memory-consuming daemons that run always (even if the wiki has like 30 formulas overall) and require adding NodeJS (not the least memory-leaky thing in the world) to the stack.
- An experienced engineer can setup that, but let's be honest about it, most noncommercial third-party wikis won't be able to.
- ... so wikis who have like 30 formulas use the default configuration, with enwiki as Restbase and WMF's beta mathoid as Mathoid. This is reflected by default settings.
- Breaking those default settings, either by blanking them or by shutting down the public Mathoid server that WMF has been operating, would just break Extension:Math on many sites, and prevent many more from using it.
Dec 8 2018
I used force push to import existing revision history from the Github repository.
The repository on Gerrit was just created and had no code, so there was no reason not to overwrite it. Two commits by @MarcoAurelio were things like placeholder README, copied codesniffer config, etc., so nothing meaningful was lost.
@DeepBlue Looks like BumbleBee bot is not running: https://wikiapiary.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Bumble_Bee
Dec 6 2018
Nov 15 2018
Nov 5 2018
Nov 4 2018
mathoid.testme.wmflabs.org returns 502 Bad Gateway again.
Oct 14 2018
Oct 13 2018
Closing as resolved, as Extension:AWS works with latest MediaWiki and is covered by automatic tests.
Oct 2 2018
Sep 4 2018
Aug 13 2018
Investigating. But it uses standard
Aug 5 2018
Jul 21 2018
Duplicate of T195750
Jul 18 2018
Jul 12 2018
Yes, the deadlock was reproduced on Special:CreateAccount too. Testcase is attached.
DB error details:
Jul 7 2018
Jun 30 2018
Jun 29 2018
Jun 25 2018
Jun 24 2018
Not reproduced. It works correctly with latest version of PageForms (for MediaWiki 1.30) and Moderation.
For the future, please note that the correct place to report errors in Moderation is either https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:Moderation or https://github.com/edwardspec/mediawiki-moderation/issues
Phabricator doesn't notify me when a new task about Moderation is created. I found this bugreport by pure accident.